The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: marin old school bike

metalpanda":31j7ezih said:
my big question ofcours is: do i have some special. And what is it worth.
I'll be first to stick my neck out and say no, and not much.

Moved the marin thread into the how much is my xyz worth given you want a valuation.

Really interesting bike, entry level Marin mixte from the mid / late 80s. Not worth a mint sadly.

I've seen lots of Marins but not one that old, certainly interesting but there's only so much someone would pay for one - more a curio than anything else. If you wanted to sell you might get a reasonable amount for the bars and shifters etc, maybe not that high spec but certainly hard to come by.

Re yellow Marin womans bike

traditionally the chicks don't dig the retro scene and as such womens bikes unless something very unique, tend to be worth the same wether you have marin, halfords, asda etc .... so no nothing special and no nothing valueable

so pricing it as a normal bike would be about right and I would guess at 50-75 quid

I've been thinking about getting a early to mid 90's GT Zaskar LE, hopefully complete, doesn't have to be original spec but good components. How much cash am I going to need?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Hi
Following on from a thread that I started regarding identifying a 1992 S-Works M2 Team mountain bike that I've come across. I have now decided to sell it, but would really appreciate an idea on how much I should expect for it.

The thread is here;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=248213

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC05960.JPG
    DSC05960.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 330
SIMONFREESE":2xtxizo1 said:
I've been thinking about getting a early to mid 90's GT Zaskar LE, hopefully complete, doesn't have to be original spec but good components. How much cash am I going to need?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I sold my very tidy 97 "normal" zaskar with full xt for £200 but usually you would expect to pay marginally more. For £200-250 you should get a pretty decent example, frame only £70-100 depending on year and condition.

just thinking about selling my mantis pro floater frame i believe its a 1995, 17-18 inch, the frame and shock are in good shape frame, no dents or cracks, needs a re-polish or scotch bright.

IMG_0070

IMG_0068

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back