Morrisons meat

I used to clean out the machines at a supermarket butchery. No one really wants to know what foetid substances adhered to those machines, especially the pâté vats.

I had a career in retail management which culminated in me being the manager of a supermarket. All of my out of date food was recorded, bagged, sealed and ended up in the bin, as was company policy.

There's a fair bit of urban legend about all this.

my friend used to pack bacon as a student, her job involved cutting puss filled sores , mould and rotten bits from the backs of bacon before slicing.

Another part of her job was to remove the labels from returned out of date, erm better supermarket bacon e.g Sainsbury, and replace them with lower supermarket labels e.g farmfoods

i love bacon :D :D

sometimes chicken smells a bit manky, you just need to rinse it, if the meat is not fetid and only the juice stinks, then it is fine

ahhhh just read what Ian had to say,

I used to work for a supermarket and they had a Cornish Pasty Pie for sale which was made with the offcuts of cooked meat which had been thrown into a black bag, believe me it was really disgusting and smelly really off when it went to be cooked into pie, I also was asked to help out on the pizza section and found mouldy pizzas stuffed under surfaces and the clothes they used to wipe down surfaces were kept in a fetid bucket of water, the stench was unbelievable, I threw them out but it was not my department so I assume soon after they were back to wiping surfaces with those fetid cloths.

Alison

This thread sickens me to read and gets worse :mrgreen:

This picture is for the OP :shock: Found this on the net'...lol

chicken_zps3983897e.jpg

Always buy my meat either from the Co-op or one of my local butchers. The local butchers usually for bigger than normal joints for a Sunday roast and for Lincolnshire sausages. In 15 years of buying co-op meat never had an issue. I don't buy specifically fish from Morrisons fresh fish counter as I've yet to have a piece that doesn't smell off by the time I get it home. I've heard lots of stories particularly about Morrisons "recycling" product from one department to another when they go out of date eg. from produce to salad bar then salad bar to cafe yuck! Apparently slicing out of date unsliced loaves of bread gives them an extra day. Also putting out of date mince
back through the mincing machine can get you an extra couple of days as well! Ever wondered why black pudding with a Morrisons breakfast is a different size every time - you've guessed it they do indeed sell 2 different circumference products on their fresh counters......

Latest posts

Back