And today I did......

Spent a freezing day in the shed refitting the original forks to my delta V, then reacquainted myself with the finer points of canti set up. Made more frustrating by the Force 40 brake hanger/booster. Complicated doesn't cover it. Front now working amazingly, but back lacking a wee bit. Had to call it a day though as I was pissing slush! Also fitted my old thumbies and the Coda qr's I picked up on ebay, but still waiting on cranks and shorter stem from the states.

Bike looking good back in more original spec, but I'm a bit worried it won't ride a nice as it did with the newer air headshok and v's. Time will tell.

Clubby Im kinda in the same boat as you with my Super V do I try and
fix the original Head Shok or utilize a pair of conventional forks. :?

RobMac":2ucbq97l said:
Clubby Im kinda in the same boat as you with my Super V do I try and
fix the original Head Shok or utilize a pair of conventional forks. :?

If you can fix them it's worth it, the later ones especially are nice forks. There's a set on ebay at the moment that might be of interest to you. Watching them myself as a spare if they stay cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200908485225? ... 1438.l2649

Other option is getting them fixed professionally at Thumprint Tuning. Think it's £90 for a damper rebuild. More than I paid for my frame and forks but by the time you buy conventional forks and a reducing headset you won't be too far off that.

The appeal of Cannondales to me is that they always took their own path. Yes it forces you to buy in completely to their parts, but they work and don't look like anything else.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ive got 2 sets of reducers and a few sets of conventional forks AND a NOS damper for a Head Shok plus Ive got those 1&1/2" Sherman's but their super clean I thought about putting them on my NOS Jekyll frame :?

Rob, you claim to have all these bikes but all you ever ride is that bloody Specialized!
Do they really exist or are they just in your imagination?

Latest posts

Back