I am sick of.....

dyna-ti":2uy6yybb said:
I am sick of receiving bike parts costing hundreds of £££ and the attention to detail on them is truly shocking.
Hope's levers and calipers look like they've been milled out with a dentists drill(crumbled edges,burrs etc)
Yesterday i got a set of Sram XX shifters
The carbon covers dont really fit that well.On one side it overhangs slightly and is flush on the other.Its not the same on the other shifter.That has different bits overhanging
£250 rrp. You got to be joking :roll:

Shimano stuff seems for the most part to have very good quality control.

Send 'em back!

Lots of snow here in central Scotland :roll: , hate the sh*t i really do, had the day off yesterday, had plans (take my hubs and rims to the LBS to get the wheels built for my Zaskar rebuild was one), maybe clean the car, get my project car out the garage (to get my daily car in to work on it), ended up doing sod all :roll: , sod all today too, daily car is a big RWD BMW with summer tyres, i'd make it 200 yards before getting stuck :roll:, not worth it (unless journey is essential)

On the plus side bikes are tip top with all the cleaning and maintenance, also been working out so much on my home gym i'm starting to look like the Hulk :)

I really don't understand why people even exist in Britain at all, and why people have been fighting over it for thousands of years.

getin":20tsx31c said:
I really don't understand why people even exist in Britain at all, and why people have been fighting over it for thousands of years.

because compared to a lot of the world it actually is not that bad

getin":1h9qbaly said:
This is due to it's position, resources and the mongrel nature of it's people leading to ingenuity and resourcefulness not to say sense of identity brought about by being a small island on the edge of a large explorable continent. :idea: let's hold that thought........

getin":1fajwi1x said:

Because it's a nation of shopkeepers. :roll:

Taking folks back home from the SNP do today involved 4x4-ing in extremis. This after I had been telling everyone we weren't going to see much more of winter! Literally so precarious the conditions you would not stop to take a picture, but you all know what white looks like!

getin":3p7rx7cf said:

easy..yorkshire puddings and greggs pasties

getin":3v6uvo18 said:

Its a small island and possibly better to defend your empire on. Given that probably for the last 50,000 years little empires or enclaves back to back with eachother and 'absorbing eachother in shall we say 'hostile takeovers' and its quite possible this little island was seen as a pretty good prospect to defend.
Its a holiday destination now :D

Back