New Score Cannondale SM600 1987 Skinwall tyres advice needed

OSMojo

Old School Hero
Arriving next week, a dream score! in fact it felt like one of those dreams when you make an ultimate score then wake up with nothing. A proper survivor, all seems original has the awesome Rollercams, I'll post pictures when it arrives. It has the 24 inch rear wheel and 26 front, I've been on ebay looking for Skinwall knobbies rear 24 and front 26 that are the same brand or if not match pretty closely, but no luck. Can anyone suggest a combination?

I had a yellow SM500 BITD so can't wait.

:D I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I.....(you know the rest of the song)

Re: New Score Cannondale SM600 1986 Skinwall tyres advice ne

I so wanted one of those BITD. Can't wait to see some pictures

...I think I like it! :D

Could be tricky finding matching skinwalls in 24" and 26" size though :?

Antstark thanks for the tip, nice tyre, they're in the USA though, so postage becomes painful

Antstark":2d4zk69j said:
First flight have NOS 24" Tioga Farmer Johns...wouldn't be hard to match that to a similar Tioga 26" tyre. (FJohn, FJ Cousin ...what ever :D )

http://www.mombat.org/MOMBAT/PartsForSalePages/tires.html

I bought some new 24x1.90 gum wall farmer john replicas on the bay for a tenner, then I bought another 26 farmer john type skin wall but is a 26x1.75 so too skinny for a front. I missed the recent Farmer Johns for sale on here as they were sold instantaneously, so resurrecting this post on the hunt for a skin gum amber wall farmer john real or type/style (as we used to say BITD Jekyl (when something wasn't OM)).

Can't help with the tyre but where are the pics :D

raidan73":2tgq7ej8 said:
Can't help with the tyre but where are the pics :D
cannondalesm600.jpg

This as the one from the bike shops website, best I can do for the moment

Back