middleburn bottom bracket length question

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
right my middleburns require a 113 axle, but i have spotted a nice un91 road bb with a 115mm axle thing.

would this work 2mm seems so teeny tiny, but then i also hear of people using 107mm with middleburns

any thoughts

I use 68/107mm. I think a 73/107 would be pushing it and the cups would hit the crank.

107 and 113 are symmetrical, but I don't know if the 115mm is. 110mm is asymmetric and therefore not suitable unless you use a 1.5mm spacer on the DS.

2 mm should not make a huge difference if your chain line is 47.5 -50 mm now pushing it to 51 mm should not create mega indexing or chainline disasters.

RS3's use 107mm axles, I seem to recall that RS7's use a longer axle, 113mm is probably right.

I fancy you could get away with 115mm, as it's only a mm either side and Shimano chain line is usually around as 47.5 to 50 mm.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The 115 will put the cranks off-center which you may not be fussed about....it will go round though ;)

Back