judy sl forks, talk to me!

I got very lucky and got as close to nos as is possible for a used fork, even came with judy butter, manual and reflector as well. Barely a mark on them. I guess it had to happen eventually as I've bought a few.

Hopefully the op can get this pair back on the road, or at least make use of the remnants. I nearly bid on these myself....

Ditch the elastomers!
Kronos springs are the way forward (bout 20 quid from USA on ebay) and will last forever!
Just ask the seller to mark packaging price down for import so you dont pay extra tax!

As for no damper, Id try and get the damper sorted as Itll be like riding a pogo stick! Normally the seals perish. Mone was a plastic one on set of 96 SL's so upgraded to metal damper cartridge and works great now.

Drop GT Steve a PM as he helped me buid mine and gave some graet advice on the build.

Andy

prezza":cp284y9n said:
Ditch the elastomers!
Kronos springs are the way forward (bout 20 quid from USA on ebay) and will last forever!
Just ask the seller to mark packaging price down for import so you dont pay extra tax!

Andy
no need to do that, at that price, no tax ;)

I paid import duty on my first set of Kronos.

The guy that sells them is happy to mark them at a price under our maximum allowance for manufactured items... ;)

Kronos springs are amazing and transform judys infinitely...

For any duty on goods of that value, and they don't chase duty payments of less than £9. They often don't go for the VAT either if it's going to a private individual and the value is insignificant

£15.01 to £135 No customs duty
Import VAT due

Pyro Tim":1ox306ca said:
For any duty on goods of that value, and they don't chase duty payments of less than £9. They often don't go for the VAT either if it's going to a private individual and the value is insignificant

£15.01 to £135 No customs duty
Import VAT due

Plus the silly Parcel Force admin fee, which makes the import cost ridiculous if the item is worth just over £15 and declared at full value.
Also, if the package is selected for import charges, it can extend the delivery time by 1 week +.

A website for registering and paying import fees before the package is despatched could eliminate the above, but would be a logistical nightmare without bar coding.
However, the current system probably is anyway, which explains the admin fee and delays.

They must have changed the rules recently then, cos I got stung on my first set, as they were a manufactured part declared at more than $30.

If he'd marked them as a gift they'd have fallen under the $50 radar.. But that was then and this is now..

With regards the actual thread topic tho, happy to help you rebuild them Jon, if you need any support via pm.. Theyre a doddle.

Yes and no, I've been in import and export for 11 years. They have changed them, reducing the levels, and to be more strict. You shouldn't have been charged duty. VAT and a customs procedure fee maybe, but not duty.

Latest posts

Back