top end bottom bracket, fitted with mole grips!

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i have seen countless bottom brackets made by chris king so premium money but look like they have used a pair of mole grips or stilsons to fit them so chewed up notches on the cups etc. it pains me to see it as i was after a second hand one but almost all that came along had suffered appalling toolmanship!!! its just mental that someone would go the extra mile to buy a king bb and then skimp on laying out a tenner or so for the right tool to fit it!

oh and have to take the opportunity to get a quick moan in. stop calling your bike a `SHE!` its not grand old steam engine or a ship. its a bike. phew! i have to get that out of my system every now and then. and dont get me started on `BURLY RIG`!!!!! ha!!!

adlyhobart":2xufx2n2 said:
stop calling your bike a `SHE!` its not grand old steam engine or a ship.

True, she's not.

:twisted:

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how people will indeed spend hundreds on components but then don't buy the proper tools.

a hammer is the right tool sometimes though.

indeed it is and i use mine liberally! ha! "he" is a estwing.

Maybe it isnt the supposedly poor tools?

I agree about calling a bike she or a specific name. Especially when someone mentions it as you know they are on about their bike, 'so is that your mrs then?'.

we are mostly all loonies when it comes to bikes and the lengths we all go to but ive always found the "she" thing a bit cheesy. i have christened cars before though never nice ones and mostly in anger.

adlyhobart":20nicwyb said:
a hammer is the right tool sometimes though.

indeed it is and i use mine liberally! ha! "he" is a estwing.

Unless its the leather grip version ...............................

Back