Colnago Super - Saronni Red

knyazb":2wdkp19w said:
By the way I'm planning to freshen up the saddle. Does anybody know if wiping it with clean spirit and then re-proof it with Brooks Proofide would be a good idea? I guess Proofide will do no harm, not sure about clean spirit though. Don't want to ruin the colour..
Any thoughts guys?

Just a little mild detergent to remove dirt , dry then proofride is what I do...I believe any strong degreaser or detergent zaps the leather's natural oils. Not sure if this is correct process, but my rolls and brooks are kept in good shape. :)

bikenut2010":2l8w6eb2 said:
Just a little mild detergent to remove dirt , dry then proofride is what I do...I believe any strong degreaser or detergent zaps the leather's natural oils. Not sure if this is correct process, but my rolls and brooks are kept in good shape. :)

sweet. thanks a lot chris. might use a drop of wool washing liquid :idea:

knyazb":fthrtebm said:
bikenut2010":fthrtebm said:

sweet. thanks a lot chris. might use a drop of wool washing liquid :idea:

:oops: Daddy, why is your saddle so soft and smooth??? :oops:
hehehehe

I went to Muswell Hill jumble this morning and bought all the remaining bits and bobs

- Vittoria Rally tubulars, Alpina spokes, Velox bar tape ( in case I decide to use cotton cloth instead of Ambrosio ) and Campagnolo cables

X5jI5UZ.jpg

Nicccce

Is it Superissimo too?
It looks nice black, but you're right, the one from catalogue looks mega rad!
Not the fan of Ambrosio cranks though..

Back