1994 S-Works Steel

Ape,

The Onza V's work very well. They're a bit taller than most and hence a bit more leverage. They're not the lightest, but they're a nice set I thought should finally come out of the parts bin and onto a decent frame.

P20":3jyjizdv said:
Very nice :cool: I've owned a couple of Stumpjumpers, M2 and steel, but never an S-Works :cry: bet it handles well :D

Are there any big differences between stumpjumper and the other models? (steel)

MR Zero I would be very grateful if you (or anybody elsereading this with knowledge) could you tell me the length crown to axle of those FSXs

I've just bought a 94 S Works Steel and I'm considering Sus Forks on it- Yours look to be the right length!

Great bike by the way -considering that colour for a respray...

CTK":2udpw6a4 said:
MR Zero I would be very grateful if you (or anybody elsereading this with knowledge) could you tell me the length crown to axle of those FSXs

I've just bought a 94 S Works Steel and I'm considering Sus Forks on it- Yours look to be the right length!

Great bike by the way -considering that colour for a respray...

Not a problem. Will get you the measurement later today once I'm home from the office. FYI, the length of that particular fork is determined by the early 1-piece, 63mm Englund Total Air cartridges that are installed. I've also got a few tricks for modifying Eglunds to achieve just about whatever ride height you're after. ;)

Mr. Zero":zqorflyj said:
Oh yeah, I'll definitely be riding it! I never add anything to my stable I don't intend to give plenty of trail time to. :twisted:

those onza brakes... keep an eye on them. they crack.

purplewicked":3mx7tip1 said:
Mr. Zero":3mx7tip1 said:
Oh yeah, I'll definitely be riding it! I never add anything to my stable I don't intend to give plenty of trail time to. :twisted:

those onza brakes... keep an eye on them. they crack.

Will do, but I've had them on other bikes for thousands of miles without issue. I suspect they are probably torque sensitive and over-torque is the cause for most of the reported failures. However, I'll keep my eye on them as you suggest.

OnZa

Think they're more prone to cracking in the colder weather we get over here in the UK, all Aluminium alloys are far more prone to cracking when chilled. Not just over torquing the pinch studs.

Re: OnZa

Wold Ranger":1lalxld5 said:
Think they're more prone to cracking in the colder weather we get over here in the UK, all Aluminium alloys are far more prone to cracking when chilled. Not just over torquing the pinch studs.

That makes good sense and is something I'd not considered.

Back