1992 Klein Rascal

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Edit - Scroll down for completed build pics

Just arrived today, raced home to open the box and there she was ... gorgeous..

Few things to sort out, forks, Wheels etc but was so excited I had to share...

main.php

I'm thinking XT all the way M735 probably. I'd like to go Rigid so will try and find a klein fork, if not I may get a Rody special..

Any suggestions gratefully received, this is my first Klein so am unsure on does and dont's...

nice!

the only real dont is drilling the rear brake cable exit to run vbrakes ;)

as mentioned before, use a seat post that is long enough so the end is at least 1" below the bottom of the top tube. better 2". the XT might be too short if you need that much extension. the usual 4" insertion depth are not enough on these older frames with the long seat tube extension above the top tube.

is it the one from holden?

carsten

Looks great! The M735 XT is definitely the way to go with this one.
Klein used Spinner forks which should be quite easy to find and cheap as well. Getting it painted to match is the most expensive task.

Is the Manitou missing its elastomer stacks since it's so dropped ?

is it the one from holden?

Don't know, does he live in Dallas ?? Thats where the ebay listing said it was..

Forks - Yup, absolutely knackered, cosmetically excellent but will be going rigid as I said..

Seat post - There is either a tiny bit of cracking or it might just be the paint on the back of the seat tube where the tube splits. very small but I think I will have to run a very long seat post to be on the safe side. It's a 27.2 so shouldn't be hard to find..

Very excited about it... another project to add to the list ..

That looks like a very nice potential build :cool: .....but is it big enough for you Hilts? Looks kinda small..........

Archangel":10iblu2h said:
Looks great! The M735 XT is definitely the way to go with this one.
Klein used Spinner forks which should be quite easy to find and cheap as well. Getting it painted to match is the most expensive task.

Is the Manitou missing its elastomer stacks since it's so dropped ?

when you say spinner forks , what do you mean ? its just ive never heard them called that b4 so im interested,

magicmistertea":1q5hbi9q said:
when you say spinner forks , what do you mean ? its just ive never heard them called that b4 so im interested,

The manufacturer of the crmo forks is Spinner so they're not made in-house or by Tange.

Latest posts

Back