A quick question about spacing ......

I'll get my coat

Attachments

• fat_bottomed_men_with_boobs_158.jpg
    fat_bottomed_men_with_boobs_158.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,060
Re:

velomaniac":26hb8y5j said:
Not a shame, a sensible rule and probably an insurance stipulation.

Would you not join us purely because we insist on a few grams of polystyrene on your brain bucket, really ??????? :shock:

a few points/questions:

It's a public road so anyone could tag on to your ride - with or without helmet.
How are you going to enforce your rule?

It's an individual's choice whether to wear a helmet or not

It's not the law in the UK to wear a helmet

It's a subjective opinion as to whether "a few grams of polystyrene on your brain bucket" actually protects you from brain injury/death

All those "retro riders" and pros of years gone by didn't wear helmets and i expect most of them died of old age not head injuries

Just sayin..... :roll:

Re: Re:

oldmuthariley":18kl19ks said:
velomaniac":18kl19ks said:

Would you not join us purely because we insist on a few grams of polystyrene on your brain bucket, really ??????? :shock:

a few points/questions:

It's a public road so anyone could tag on to your ride - with or without helmet.

It's a subjective opinion as to whether "a few grams of polystyrene on your brain bucket" actually protects you from brain injury/death

All those "retro riders" and pros of years gone by didn't wear helmets and i expect most of them died of old age not head injuries

Oooh I think you may have opened a can of worms.

IMHO I think it's a matter of personal choice - I'll be wearing one.

vivelesalpes":18cw5o4m said:
oldmuthariley":18cw5o4m said:
velomaniac":18cw5o4m said:

a few points/questions:

Oooh I think you may have opened a can of worms.

IMHO I think it's a matter of personal choice - I'll be wearing one.

probably :LOL:

i think it's a matter of personal choice too - sometimes i do sometimes i don't

oldmuthariley":2ewcnhn4 said:
velomaniac":2ewcnhn4 said:

a few points/questions:

would it really be the end of the world to wear a helmet for 1 ride? have a thought for the hardworking ride organiser who want,s to keep the guest,s on his ride as safe as possible.and if the worst dose happen,know he has done all he can to make the ride safe. after 2 miles of banter and chat you will not even know you are wearing it

matthew71":3c3bqiph said:
oldmuthariley":3c3bqiph said:
velomaniac":3c3bqiph said:

a few points/questions:

would it really be the end of the world to wear a helmet for 1 ride? have a thought for the hardworking ride organiser who want,s to keep the guest,s on his ride as safe as possible.and if the worst dose happen,know he has done all he can to make the ride safe. after 2 miles of banter and chat you will not even know you are wearing it

:facepalm:
... perhaps you should check if riders have got their cycling proficiency badges too.

I may be wrong here but I think the national rides are covered by insurance to protect "Retrobike" if something was to happen. I expect its in the policy to wear helmets.

Could be wrong!!

Latest posts

Back