Where are Fat Chance now?

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all,

I am thinking of buying a new bike in the new year... Are Fat Chance Cycles still in business or have they gone for ever? :shock: Is Chris Chance still making frames for someone else?

I'd love a new YoEddy if there is such a thing...

What is an old '93 - '97 Yo worth now (if you can find one ;) )

Hope someone out there has good news for me! :D

Fat chance begot Independent fabrication. If you can afford one get a steel deluxe.

Probably best (cheaper?) to look out for a s/hand Yo or Wicked.

WOW I.F. Only!

Oh my god, seen the Independent Steel Deluxe for the 1st time! :cool:

Thanks for the reply guy's, most beautiful frame indeed!!!

RRP $1500 though, mmm about £750 with the exchange rate, almost possible...

TO BE CONTINUED... :D

Lovely aren't they?

Don't forget shipping, duty and import tax as well as parcelforce's clearance fee. :( Yes, I've done this before....

You could get one from Tim at Sideways cycles, it'll probably cost you an extra 150 quid (ish) at the end of the day but you'd get better after sales service should anything go wrong with it as he's over here and not over there. (This is unlikely to happen I know.)

http://www.sidewayscycles.co.uk/product ... =68&clid=6

Alternatively buy a second hand one, they don't crop up often over here but you do see them regularly for sale in the US (ebay, mtbr etc) without trying to state the obvious it's cheaper going down the s/hand route.

US tax dodge

I may be able to dodge some of the taxes as I am a US citizen as well as british and can use my cousin's address, may be possible to post there and then to here. Will have to see. Luckily they live in Boston so could combine a family visit with a frame fitting! :D

Re: US tax dodge

Stick Legs":1pom4ud1 said:
I may be able to dodge some of the taxes as I am a US citizen as well as british and can use my cousin's address, may be possible to post there and then to here.

Well if you can do that get me one! ;)

What about MOUNTAIN GOAT? MODERN BUT OLD SCHOOL

Hello if it is something old school but bang up to date youre after, have a look at MOUNTAIN GOAT CYCLES/FIRST FLIGHT BICYCLES. Earlier this year i ordered up the 06 WHISKYTOWN RACER. This is based on the original design but is as modern and as beutifull as any other frame companys out there. I have put over a thousand miles on mine in just 4 months & i love it! Made by Californian torch masters, SYCIP. I shipped it over myself and got charged 100.00 U.K. pounds but hey with the current exchange rate well worth it. Happy trails. :D

Back