Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ CANCELLED

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 23/03/13

As for tyres I have inapropriate double mythos xc fronts on.

Just for your info, a65 clear Skipton to m6, just a bit of drifting over newby moor before ingleton

Spoke to the owner of the B&B I was staying at and he said that around him at least it is quite bad. According to him from watching the local weather forecast it is going to be bad later also. Taking that into consideration and I won't actually be up there until about 8pm tonight I am going to pull out as I don't want to risk being stuck or having a serious accident. Gutted tbh as the Lakes was one of the rides I was looking forward to.
Have fun the those that can make it and see you all at Long Mynd.

I'm in Ambleside now. There's about 2 inches down - roads are fine, slushy but good. Only really got into snow on the road in Ambleside - rest of the journey from London has been fine.

There's a bit more in Coniston aparently. Will be heading to have a quick look at the trails to see how off road looks if I don't run out of light.

Long queues on m62 where there isn't normally on way home from work just now.
:-(

BIG snowflakes!!

Huddersfield is oddly deserted now as I pick my wife up. :-/

Snow is coming down quite heavily here, especially on m62 where I pulled off.

I was listening to the weather on R4 and they said there is going to be a big snowfall overnight over S Scotland, NW England, Yorks etc.

I don't mind riding in the snow, I'll be snug as a bug in my winter kit but if the M62 is shut going over Saddleworth then its game over. :-(

I'll see what it's like when I get up tomorrow.

Fine where I am, just south of ambleside/ north of hawkshead. Logical chap goes around on his tractor plowing the roads. Snows not heavy and everything was clear, just a slight thin slush around ambleside.
Forecast on metoffice is just for cloud tomorrow.

Just went to check out what the trails are looking like.

BF-vAQ5CUAAT4N3.jpg:large

This is just north of Ambleside. If I'm honest I'm not sure how rideable it's going to be tomorrow.

Mental :shock:

Paul was going to make a call early evening.

Not sure if Ted and I can make it even if we wanted to if the forecast is believed. With a 200+ mile drive we need a clear run....

Fun though it looks - as John says the journey is going to be pants, so its a pass from me, and also John. :(

Back