Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ CANCELLED

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 23/03/13

Yes, the highest point physically is still under 1000ft in altitude. The highest point mentally will vary...

As John says, the tricky part could well be getting to the start point on the roads.
I am however optimistic that the reports of 'Snowmageddon' are perhaps a little over stated.

The latest forecasts don't look too bad, but suffice to say that everyone attending should wrap up very warm and bring flask of hot stuff for the journey.
I'm sure that the Clan MacRetro will be in shorts and t-shirts though.

btw, this recent Coniston webcam shot isn't the greatest is it?

1363939504.6389-e6cc8194

Sounds like there's about an inch or so down in Ambleside. I think the good thing is that the ground is wet and not freezing which means that there's a better chance of rideable trails.

well I'm about to head of there in a few hours along the full stretch of the m62 which looks to be crawling and even possibly closed near huddersfield. anyone know what skipton area is like and that road. might turn of and go round Bradford way.

the upside is we have no snow here lol.

M62 was fine this morning at 7.30am. Google maps and highways agency websites don't show any problems at all.

I tried the Skipton route last time and it was rubbish. So slow compared to staying on the motorways.

In bed with a stomach bug, no, really.
See you all at The Long Mynd in April.
Rob.

I'm afraid that Kaiser and I have , after much consideration , decided to abandon our plans to come down for this.

The weather being the main factor however my 10 year old son has broken his ankle today !

That leaves Velo' as the only MacRetro representative , so long as he makes it on his epic trek by rail and bicycle ...

FluffyChicken":1tcrtt2d said:
well I'm about to head of there in a few hours along the full stretch of the m62 which looks to be crawling and even possibly closed near huddersfield. anyone know what skipton area is like and that road. might turn of and go round Bradford way.

the upside is we have no snow here lol.
Am at home today in Skipton, having booked annual leave weeks ago to repaint my windows :roll: It's been slushing all day but the buses are still running and haven't noticed any extra traffic on the high st which means that the A65 should be clear.

See you all tommorrow, as far as I know me and SLM Racing are still planning to come up... I have snow tyres :cool: But I don't think Stu's van does...

Roads have been clear so far just tail back at m62 summit and a bit around Manchester. In fact most doesn't have snow or just a little.
Our place at highwray says amblside side is fine and the back routes are drivable, or at least their delivery van got through.

Of course tonight and tomorrow might be different. I'll be there, or at least near tomorrow, lol

Back