Do any of you Time Trial on a steel road frame?

Great pics Old Ned. If it wasn't for that helmet I'd swear you had posted up old 'photos!

I did a few 10s last year on old steel but haven't started yet this season. I want to do some on the old bike and some on my modern alu bike. Still a road bike but with Ergopower shifters and a 1kg weight advantage. Don't think less weight and more stiffness will make any difference on a flat-ish 10 mile course. No tri-bars for me either.

Mark.

daccordimark":2b9u6u81 said:
Great pics Old Ned. If it wasn't for that helmet I'd swear you had posted up old 'photos!

I did a few 10s last year on old steel but haven't started yet this season. I want to do some on the old bike and some on my modern alu bike. Still a road bike but with Ergopower shifters and a 1kg weight advantage. Don't think less weight and more stiffness will make any difference on a flat-ish 10 mile course. No tri-bars for me either.

Mark.
Didn't have colour photos BITD.

My season has been a bit compromised with having had pneumonia. Still haven't got back on the bike - to damn cold!

Just out of interest what sort of times do people post for a 10 mile TT?

Are the riders on the modern bikes that much faster these days?

Cheers

Mike

notsofast":1e12dpob said:

Cheers

Mike

My best was 24:34 set 9 years ago :cry:

otherself":11viaf5r said:
notsofast":11viaf5r said:

Cheers

Mike

And that is a good time isn't it?

I had a PB of 23.something when I was younger,lighter and fitter

Just wondered how much faster people are these days on the more modern machinery..are sub 20 min tens the norm now on an evening TT? ...suppose I should buy a copy of Cycling Weekly.. :LOL: :facepalm:

notsofast":9pyfwlwd said:
otherself":9pyfwlwd said:
notsofast":9pyfwlwd said:

Cheers

Mike

Just wondered how much faster people are these days on the more modern machinery..are sub 20 min tens the norm now on an evening TT? ...suppose I should buy a copy of Cycling Weekly.. :LOL: :facepalm:

My PB is 25 mins 40 sec or so, set on the P841 course which is a flattish "out & back" B-road affair near Chichester. That was on a Look KG241 road bike with added ITM tri-bars and semi-aero wheels.

David

notsofast":24hzlout said:
otherself":24hzlout said:
notsofast":24hzlout said:

Cheers

Mike

20 minutes is a great time. It would be a club record for most clubs. Most top guys are about 21 - 22 on top of the range modern carbon. I think the fastest time and national record was set by Wiggo and is 17:50 or something.

Yes, Once last year, 12 times on my Isaac Carbon now going up for Sale but intend to Race this Season on my Retro Bio Racer weight 3lb heavier

Attachments

• BILD2972.JPG
    BILD2972.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 510
Back