TI Raleigh 753 1980

dubliner":1o2d4xy4 said:
It's me who put it there. If it disturb you, I can take it off. Anyway, what a beautiful frame.

No not at all, - it just took me by surprise when I saw the stats on my blog. I love that frame and it makes me happy that it is getting shared. Thank you! :D

Stunning looking frame and with the quality of those components it's going to be a beauty when it's done

and again, great pics!

I've been working hard on building this 753 (well, scanning the classifieds for as much NOS Super Record and period details as I can). So far, I've picked up the following:

NOS Pat 80 SR Rear Mech
NOS SR Front Mech
NOS Cinelli 1A Stem 26.4 Diameter
NOS Cinelli Bars
NOS SR Brakeset (Calipers/Levers/Cables)
36H SR Hubs (Pat 77)
SR 27.0 Seat Pin
SR Chainset 1980 Date Code
SR Headset
SR Steel BB
Brooks TI Pro Saddle
NOS Regina ORO 6sp 13 straight through block
NOS Regina Chain
NOS 36H Mavic SSC Rims

All I need are some cable ferrules for the divers helmet cable stops, some bar tape, some tubs and some pedals. Here are some pics so far...

Attachments

• SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (1).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (1).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 874
  • SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (3).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (3).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 874
  • SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (4).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (4).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 874
  • SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (5).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (5).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 874
  • SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (6).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (6).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 874
  • SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (2).jpg
    SBDU Raleigh Team Pro 753 (2).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 874
oh my giddy aunts! that is beautiful really beautiful. I've built and shared my full SR Rossin here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=232070 but all that NOS equipment is mouth watering. Well done for sticking to your plan and not rushing it, must be driving you mad. The thing about the SR transmission is how smooth it changes and how silent it runs, it really surprised me. I recently took my Rossin out for a long ride round the Peak District and it was a pleasure, just had to be careful with the lack of modulation on the brakes, still they are strong and stop well. Hope you finish soon, looking forward to the "brochure" I did a power point with pictures and links on a Vintage Claud Butler I did for a neighbour recently. Really nice to look back on.
Cheers DD

Doubledee":p4721ba8 said:
oh my giddy aunts! that is beautiful really beautiful. I've built and shared my full SR Rossin here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=232070 but all that NOS equipment is mouth watering. Well done for sticking to your plan and not rushing it, must be driving you mad. The thing about the SR transmission is how smooth it changes and how silent it runs, it really surprised me. I recently took my Rossin out for a long ride round the Peak District and it was a pleasure, just had to be careful with the lack of modulation on the brakes, still they are strong and stop well. Hope you finish soon, looking forward to the "brochure" I did a power point with pictures and links on a Vintage Claud Butler I did for a neighbour recently. Really nice to look back on.
Cheers DD

Thank you Doubledee - loving your Rossin!

Staying patient and waiting for NOS stuff is killing me. I could have had this finished months ago if I wasn't so bad. The last major SR thing I need are pedals - there are tons of them out there but pedals seem to suffer more than anything with marks and scuffs, getting a clean NOS pair at a reasonable price is difficult, but I'm waiting! I can't cap this off with scuffed pedals.

Ill keep an eye out for pedals, Campyoldy might help. I've got a mint pair of chrome record ones , not new old stock, but guess you need the black ones like I have on my Rossin. Also in that era quite a few of the pros rode the track version for better ground clearance so dont limit yourself to quill ones. I put some hard Matt black paint on the wear marks but they weren't that bad. Don't ever sell this bike once finished it will be truly exceptional and probably almost one of a kind with the NOS kit. Ride it and enjoy :D

Latest posts

Back