Guess my build

biglev

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I have been working on this project for ages. I am not ready to show the whole think as it is not finished yet. But here's a teaser. Guess what bike it is. more pics to follow:
p4pb9347617.jpg

Cheers
Pete

Oooh!.....mafac cantis!.....looks like an old stumpy?.....then again, I'm not too clever!.....

your are thinking along the right lines. early mtb, mafac's are age related, crowned fork, but brazed not welded frame.

biglev":27ragz31 said:
here's a bit of the kit to give you a sense of age/era
p4pb9347840.jpg

What shifter is that ?

Pm me if you dont want to give any build clues away.

I have fitted nearly every type avaliable to my bike but they dont look right, but need some in polished alloy and those are bang on :cool:

they are late 70's Suntour Mighty's (friction only) i am not sure the mounts are original and the leavers are Magura moto power reproductions.

biglev":16vp7nk1 said:
they are late 70's Suntour Mighty's i am not sure the mounts are original and the leavers are Magura moto power reproductions.

Thanks, ill begin my search for some :D

That fork is not very usual, but with the new paint job it is hard to say the model of the bicycle.

madjh":1fpkhbdv said:
That fork is not very unusual, but with the new paint job it is hard to say the model of the bicycle.

Well spotted. That is not a production crown. it was handmade by the builder in the USA. it was later swapped out for unicrown bmx cruiser style fork.

Back