The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Here's mine - I bought it this morning and it's on its way to me as we speak :)

It's a '98 frame and plans are to build it (eventually) with XTR M95X, Hope Hubs, Hope Mono Minis and Carbon Crosslinks. I'll also be adding some '97 decals because I prefer them.

It measures 20.5" centre to top which I believe makes it an 18" in GT sizing..?

The best part is, I got it in a bundle with an equally minty LTS frame :cool: - The pivots and shock are perfect on both frames and I got lots of spares too, which I'm sure will come in handy at some point!

Anyway, here you go - let me know what you think :)

file.php

file.php

file.php

Can someone help me with the seatpost, seatclamp and front mech sizes please?

I'm guessing at:

- 27.0 seatpost
- 31.6 seatclamp
- 31.6 front mech

31.6mm seatpost. 99.9% sure of that since that was the case on the later alu lobo and lts frames. my lts 3000 is 31.6.

Then for sure its the 31.6 one. As for the clamp and front shifter, i measured the innard of my clamp to 36.5 (so that would be the 36.4 clamp), and the little tube for the front shifter at 32. im not sure how relevant this is to your frame though, but id assume they would use at least the same front shifter diameter.

grimm":3ciwls9q said:
Then for sure its the 31.6 one. As for the clamp and front shifter, i measured the innard of my clamp to 36.5 (so that would be the 36.4 clamp), and the little tube for the front shifter at 32. im not sure how relevant this is to your frame though, but id assume they would use at least the same front shifter diameter.

Sounds like I'll need a 31.6 post, 36.4 seatclamp and 31.8 front mech then :D

Of course I'll measure it all up properly before I buy anything ;)

At least if they use the same measurements as the aluminium frames. I know my slightly older sts-2 use the 27.2 seatpost though. But i think they made the move to the larger diameter the year after.

Back