Olmo

daytonatwin

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
My Olmo, repainted by my good self, with chromed forks and rear chainstay/dropouts.
A mixture of ancillaries include;
Shimano 600ex brakes
Campag index shifters, record front shifter, Athena rear mech & 8 speed cluster on campy hubs & Mavic rims, record seat post
Mavic SSC pedals (by far the best ever made), with Campag stainless steel clips & Cristophe straps.
Every component work together exceptionaly well, that is why I enjoy riding the Olmo.
Only 512kb photo file....... cannot upload photo??????????????
Ha, fooled you, I managed to upload the photographs.
The bike in the background is a much modified Dawes Sardar-631 tubing, my touring bike. It can carry an elephant, or so i've been told. A much underrated machine.

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 492
Only 512kb photo file....... cannot upload photo??????????????
Welcome... This is a common obstacle for virgin posters.. Sound off about bikes four(?) more times on a few threads and then try uploading photo again.. :)

Thanks Martin. I bought the frame and forks from a shop in Liverpool, stripped it down had the forks and rear stays chromed, then repainted it, fitted the transferes and finished it off with 3 coats of 2 pack lacquer to seal it all and to give it a nice gloss look.
Most of the ancilleries were sourced from Dave Lloyd on the Wirral in 83, then he had lots of used clothing and I bought a couple of tops from him, (woollen raleigh team colours red,black,yellow and the Peugeot flock black and white).
The 70/80s Olmo bikes were some of the best, not keen on the later years, poor build quality and finish.
One thing that puzzles me is there doesn't seem to be any serial Nos anywhere on the frame, usually it is stamped on the underside of the bottom bkt, any ideas where it might be,

Mike.

Back