Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ CANCELLED

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 23/03/13

Hawmaw":1acveatx said:
That's great :)

Spoke to the owner of the B&B I am staying at tomorrow near Coniston and he said that according to the local news the snow is going to be further south which is good news, he is going to let me now tomorrow what the roads are like round there. I just hope it isn't too bad travelling up as the whole country seems to grind to a halt when the white stuff dops :(

Motorways seem to be the roads that are kept clear and that's most of my journey through Yorkshire so I think it'll be ok for me.

My brother lives in Ambleside and is planning to ride with us. I'll be getting updated from him tomorrow to see where we stand in terms of snow in the lakes.

Good news is that the ride is on relatively low level terrain and the route has several short-cut options should it get a bit too epic.

Hopefully the journey to Coniston won't be too epic either.

the bad news is , i cant make this ride :cry: :cry: :cry:

the good news is you are all going to die. moo hoo ha ha ha

Attachments

• shiningjackbevroren-300x300.jpg
    shiningjackbevroren-300x300.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 338

Weather was shocking on the M62 this morning. Even main roads off the motorway were sketchy.

It's been snowing heavily in Glasgow all morning since 6.30am but the roads are clear.
I've been looking at the Coniston webcam. A light dusting of snow. It hasn't snowed in the last few hours.

Charlieboy28":t215ehoa said:
the bad news is , i cant make this ride :cry: :cry: :cry:

the good news is you are all going to die. moo hoo ha ha ha

Is that LGF? ;-)

Got my porelle socks on today to try and ensure they aren't like card tomorrow.

@Rob from memory and as Paul says I don't think the route is very high, could be the top of the trail centre at Grizedale was the highest point in last years ride. Think once we're there it'll be fine even with a bit of snow / wet. Of course the issue will be getting there potentially....

Back