I am sick of.....

The problem with British summers is they are cold and my hubbie refuses to light fires in the summer so it's cold in the house too :( So I have my hopes up for a better one this year

Alison

Under the duvet listening to the wind howling down the valley. Ride every other day for last 2 weeks as off work with new bike. It's spring apparently. I WILL ride today........

Isaac_AG":3j27mzcc said:
The problem with British summers is they are cold and my hubbie refuses to light fires in the summer so it's cold in the house too :( So I have my hopes up for a better one this year.

Thinking about trading him in for something more compliant?

I hear you Rob, this weather is pish. More the constant wet / cold / gray days than warmth as such, nice sunny crisp day is quite pleasant.

@FMJ - looks cold.

You should try teaching kitesurfing in the winter. Chest deep in Poole harbour, with your face being torn off with wind and snow. That's bracing. Good fun though.

Although I was in Malaysia for Christmas just gone, I normally take a stroll along Bournemouth beach on Christmas day. Play a great game of spot the Christmas present

John":377cvtk6 said:
David B":377cvtk6 said:
Looks quite nice and bright here in Winchester today after a dismal evening of it chucking it down last night. I suspect outside it's still a bit parky though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kIrUZ_ZrzA

No, not that Parky. My mistake. :oops:

David

I'd assumed you'd link to this video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrg_VCPgAQ

Still waiting for Michael Sheen to do a film version of this off the back of Frost/Nixon's success. ;)

David

My husband decided to go the back route home from work yesterday and arrived back knee deep in mud, had to put cardboard down on the front room carpet for the bike, a cleaning job for me today :)hopefully he'll stay off that route till it dries out a bit, he had fun though

Pyro Tim":v8hvgny1 said:
You should try teaching kitesurfing in the winter. Chest deep in Poole harbour, with your face being torn off with wind and snow. That's bracing. Good fun though.

Although I was in Malaysia for Christmas just gone, I normally take a stroll along Bournemouth beach on Christmas day. Play a great game of spot the Christmas present

Pah! Surf Scotland's North coast in the ice and snow and you will learn about bracing!

I think most people have gone soft over the last thirty years. Most have well insulated homes and comprehensive central heating. Fewer and fewer work outdoors or go anywhere in anything but an enclosed vehicle when the winter is in. I used to drive around feeding our animals on a cab-less Fergie when we had a couple of feet of snow and power cuts, for days and weeks at a time. When I had spare time I was out walking, skiing, canoeing or surfing with mates, not sat on a PC or Playstation like the bairns today.

It is always weird getting off a plane into the heat after an air conditioned trip from a colder climate. I left Holland in -6 and climbed off a jet in Asia at 40+ not long ago and on walking to my cab a huge golden dragonfly hovered in front of me. Having been drinking the entire flight it felt like a scene from a Hunter S. Thompson book.

I don't mind the weather right now, some snow on the hills here in the Highlands and some rain on the lower ground. Enough sunny intervals if you can choose your moments.

I prefer clearly defined seasons though, and we seem to be getting less of these.

Time for a move indeed.

Back