My tired & tatty 1993 Brodie Catalyst… make-over???

Great work on the decals - I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Although I loved it as it was, it looks like a great project.

Nice planning there! I never thought of painting a Syncros fork... one of mine needs a re-paint (it's ok but not perfect)

I'll definitely consider matching it to the stem colour!

Good work man!!

hi frank
i think that combo looks good.
what about bringing the white down and doing the rear dropout as well.

i'm going to get a syncros fork and stem painted white also.
will be for my RM Titanium. that build is a few down on the list as i collect bits.
will be watching this one.
keep up the good work. ;)
roy

Looking good Frank, love the colour scheme ;)

I'd go with the XT and Ritchey brakes personally.

raidan73":7sgw4buu said:
Looking good Frank, love the colour scheme ;)

I'd go with the XT and Ritchey brakes personally.

Agree with this. Blue/White frame with M735 XT including ritchey levers, thumbies and black chainrings = :cool:

A white gatorblade would be the icing on the cake...

no progress on the bike itself. but doing my usual trolling on ebay, i spotted some unique and authentic original Syncros decals. looked further into what else the seller was offering and decided to snap these up QUICK!!! reason why i think these may be authentic is because the seller had a whole wack of assorted retro decals. there were some other original Syncros decals but decided to pass on them till i got these in hand. i know i'll put these to good use, getting the other decals would have been me just being greedy and hording for no good reason.

so with the black hammer'n'cycle and "syncros" lettering, i'm VERY committed in painting a set of stem an forks in white, even if for some reason it doesn't end up on the Brodie! ;)

Attachments

• DSC03523.JPG
    DSC03523.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 353
i just had a syncros stem and fork painted white myself.
will pick it up this weekend at harald's show.
maybe post a picture here for you to think about. :)
now i want your syncros decals. ;)
speaking of decals, how are those titanium ones coming along?
roy

I didn't know you were working on this! I'd close to forgotten about that bike. Glad to see it again and being given your usual level of care and attention!

Back