Mountain Mayhem whats it all about...

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So I'm thinking of going to the Mountain Mayhem event this year as it seems to be the one to do...but is there much of a "retro" turnout? Whats it all about? Is it serious lycra clad racing dudes that are spindley strong and carb eating? Or can the likes of me...16 stone, who enjoy a beer and a burger and wear a pair of combat shorts and a t-shirt to ride in! I can ride don't get me wrong! (managed a 36k offroad ride today in rain and 3oC!) but just don't want to get caught up in the super competitive crowd... I would enjoy a race, is it a set course? What sort of categories are there... Basically after any experiences of anyone thats been before, and it would be great to meet some of the faces behind the avitars on here!

Cheers

Doug (Wookiee...there is a man behind the fur!)

new long overdue venue & course for 2013 as the previous eastnor park near malvern didnt hold up well in the wet. apparently the new venue should be considerably better.

Are you kidding? :shock:

It's the best weekend ever...

...and I f*ck*d my dodgy knee before I even got around to my lap!

The atmosphere is great, the people are great...

...and the RetroBike crowd are the best of the lot :cool:

100_1372.jpg

A small section of the Retrobike compound! :LOL:

just get there!......miss it, miss out!!......best biking weekend of the year, bar none!.....shave your legs and get really fit to do well, or just get hammered and mess about all weekend like most people there......course wise, its a 6 or 7 mile lap and you can do as little or as much as you like....everyone in the same mixing pot, some serious racers, some dressed as mutant ninja turtles, some unicycles, most too drunk to ride straight!.... :D

Ok so its sounds like it could be a giggle how many retro dudes/dude-esses normally go? How would I go about getting in a team? I'm thinking I'm more of a "just want to finish" kinda competitor...how big a team can you have? What is the course like?....anyone want a Wookiee shaped guy on their team????

I think last year we put in 8 ish ten man teams......plenty of family members along for the laugh too......

I think there is 1 space left on a 4 man retrobike team. Think the thread is in the meets section, but may be wrong

feetabix":2vtzmljt said:
I think last year we put in 8 ish ten man teams......plenty of family members along for the laugh too......

So do I need to get into a team before the event? Or is it sorted out there? I'm thinking of going on my Team Marin...are the groups manufacturer specific or more ability specific! Should I be touting for team members? Would love to drag my wife and boy along too but not sure if they would be up for it if the weather is shit! Me...I'm a seasoned camper! I've managed 9 Glastonburys in all weathers since 1991 and spent over 5 weeks trekking to the North Pole back in 2005 sleeping in an old school canvas ridge tent!...where do I go from here, I assume the first step is to register...?

You can enter a team, stick a post up on the mayhem thread, or go solo......Glastonbury on bikes about sums it up!......

Back