Tel's Stallion Cycle Shop Venture!

NeilM":1ztathas said:
Looking at the photo's closely, I am a little concerned by the apparent lack of a kettle, coffee, milk and mugs :shock:

Mind, there is no bike workstand either, so I guess all the essential items will be along presently.

Keen on cream eggs are we Tel?

Yup not sorted the kettle yet, I do have something in mind though considering my lack of space.

Bike stand is mounted on the wall and in the pictures has the blue Raleigh Chiltern Pioneer on it. I went for wall mount to save space.

Yes I'm partial to a cream egg but those are for the easter promotion, my sister is a sweets sales rep ;)

Got some chainsets up today, didn't realise I had quite so many and I know there is at least one more hiding somewhere in my garage.....

SAM_2489.jpg

SAM_2492.jpg

SAM_2491.jpg

SAM_2490.jpg

I need some advice regarding insurance at the moment, could any bike shop owners with advice please pm me? Many thanks.

Some great advice on here.

I helped a friend set up a new shop many years ago (still going strong).

We decided the best layout by first figuring out where the best place for the kettle was, then built around that ;)

The intention was to sell new bikes and do some repairs/servicing.

The breakdown of the business work turned out to be more like 85% servicing/repairs, 5% used bike sales, 5% new bike sales, and 5% tea drinking.

I think someone already mentioned a tub of sweets on the counter, very good to get kids in - they will soon follow with a paying parent...

I seem to remember a similar approach in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!! NOt so sure about the legalities though.

Coffee for me please,

Thanks,

Richard

TGR":x9u0s4w5 said:
I seem to remember a similar approach in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!! NOt so sure about the legalities though.

Coffee for me please,

Thanks,

Richard

You've just made me spit my tea out. :LOL: :LOL:

Shop is looking pretty packed now! Gotta sort some storage bits out and have a shuffle about. Custom wise not many passers by coming in but a string of friends make regular visits, I seem to be trading a bit but haven't got money rolling in, quite the opposite really! Got a few bikes that are nearly ready to be sold so that'll give me a much needed boost.

Insurance looks like it's going to cost me about £40 - £45 pm which is more than I was hoping for.

Sign design and creation is hopefully in hand so I'll have some identity then.

So far I'm enjoying myself, money is not coming in yet but thats fine, early days and I'm playing catch up because of all the time I have not been trading (moving and setting up shop).

Only really using Fb to promote myself at the moment http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 4539875529

Any updates on this? Looking at your collection of cranks, I will have to pay you a visit to sort out some nice retro bits for my tourer build (won't be for at least a couple of years, I'm off abroad).

It must be great to be living the dream, so to speak.

Back