Which fork is better - lawwill leader or Noleen cross link

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have an rts frame that I am planning on building up in true retro fashion (I've a team rts retro modern already). The plan is to go m900 on the gearing and wheels, control tech brakes, cook bros cranks, m900 seat post and control tech stem and bars. I have some leader 3 and carbon cross links (with smart shock) in the stash but not sure which to use.

Any thoughts?

Re: Which fork is better - lawwill leader or Noleen cross li

The Crosslink, but perhaps not with the Smartshock, maybe with a Noleen or Risse shock.
I think the Smartshock is a bit too "late" for the frame (if you're bothered about that?).
And I think the Leader is a little too "early"?

Have always liked the idea of the RTS with a Crosslink ... considering that build myself. Nolleens front and back, but I would tend toward the earlier, alu version myself.

When I was a young man ... the local shop had a set of Leaders hangin' on the wall. I used to just stand and stare in awe. At the end of the day, I've never liked the way they fit most bikes though ....

Can't speak for the Leaders, but having rode a Crosslink for many years, I'm partial to their set up ........

Period and looks wise Leaders all the way. the RTS was "old" in 95/96 when the LTS came out and most certainly when carbon Girvins, i mean crosslinks :p came about

Back