Work bikes

I now have 2 work bikes. 1 light single speed and geared just right to get up the hill near work the other heavy but very comfortable, very quirky and full of character.

securedownload-6.jpeg

red bike 80s Pashley ATB (from Oldave off here) Green Claude Butler Legend turned it into a single speeder :LOL:

My work bike broke so I bought a frame off ebay and started building this. No idea what it is, it's a cromo tubeset with no decals, NOS, from Bankrupt Surplus. It has canti stops so 90s vintage. A mix of bits I had lying around and budget or bargain parts off the bay. Hope to be riding it to work next week!

IMG_20141_zpsbae550dd.jpg

Yog Sothoth":4fykewjb said:
My work bike broke so I bought a frame off ebay and started building this. No idea what it is, it's a cromo tubeset with no decals, NOS, from Bankrupt Surplus. It has canti stops so 90s vintage. A mix of bits I had lying around and budget or bargain parts off the bay. Hope to be riding it to work next week!

IMG_20141_zpsbae550dd.jpg

Saracen probably pro trax. What was frame weight?

Here is my latest work bike :D ..Sold my other Explosif frame on here last week..need a couple of proj 2 decals from Gil :cool: {when he is up and running..get well son mate}

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• KONA 001.jpg
    KONA 001.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • KONA 002.jpg
    KONA 002.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,078
Re: Re:

Irvinizer":1omtp37v said:
Mike72":1omtp37v said:
This is my commuter bike – 97 Xizang running Zipp 515 and an assortment of Coook Bros, Magura/Altek and XTR. Will be installing Altek lever/masters all round and braiding the lines after xmas...

Goes without saying, this is kept in the office.

zipp6_low.jpg

Whohaa, that thing must go like a rocket! Stiff as hell!
FFWD!

my unicorn frame, one day.....

i used to have a set of those carbon magura boosters, but at the time i was riding trials and they wouldn't fit over my silly 2.5 tyres
foolishly gave them away :facepalm:

im new here but thought id post a pic up of my everyday everyweather ride, I ride it absolutely everywhere, college,work,shops,girlfriends and to pick my little brother up from school, has done me well, don't know what make it is or anything, I bought it for £20 and it looks old so.....

Attachments

• DSCN1135.JPG
    DSCN1135.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 951
  • DSCN1133.JPG
    DSCN1133.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 951
  • DSCN1132.JPG
    DSCN1132.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 951
My getting to work bike! I have a fairly easy commute about 5-6miles....used to riding off road more than on so needed a retro MTB style ride but with some better rubber more suited to tarmac! My first dip into this world...and its sweet! Now if I can just get those aresehole car drivers to just give me more room when they overtake me I'll be fine! Found myself f-in and blinding as a guy pulled out infront of me on a roundabout the other day and I nearly slammed into his driver door! He looked scared and then I noticed the cop car in the que behind him with 2 coppers shaking their heads and smiling at me! I always give bikers more than enough room and wait if its not possible...why can't everyone be the same! Do you WANT to kill me!

Doug

Attachments

• Bear Valley slicks 1.jpg
    Bear Valley slicks 1.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 849
  • Bear Valley slicks 2.jpg
    Bear Valley slicks 2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 849
Back