non biological grand parent and rights....

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Does a married non biological grand parent have any rights to see the biological grandchild of their married partner ?

Dunno, there are no automatic rights of access to separated fathers so it will be less so in regards to grandparents.

Surely you wouldn't be a grandparent if you weren't biologically related?

In which case itd be for a court to decide based upon the situation, but without a familial link its gonna take exceptional circumstances for a court to grant you something to which you're not already entitled.

my wife has a step farther married to her mum...........our child is obviously not a blood reletive as her mum is........just wondering what rights they have to see our son ?

I'm not sure grandparents have any rights to grandchildren, blood relation or not.

Non biological grandparent - is that mains or battery operated? :D

I don't think grand parents have any rights per se to see them blood relative or not.

xerxes":199nfq4q said:
I'm not sure grandparents have any rights to grandchildren, blood relation or not.

Non biological grandparent - is that mains or battery operated? :D

What, no washing powder-based joke?? Shame on you!

David

Anyone can apply for a contact order, although Grandparents and people other than parents, must ask the Court's permission to apply for a contact order.

if it is a reasonable request, i.e the relationship is of great significance to the child and of course in their best interest, then contact can be granted

mediation would be your first port of call though

that's pretty much it really unless your the direct and legal parents/guardians then it will end up in court

I suspect but understand your seeking to block a grand parent and her partner from seeing your child?..not wishing to pry but largely if you stop them then they will have to do the running

but regardless of biology, these people are essentially the child's grandparents, a relationship which should be promoted as grandparents enrich the life of that child.

if the people present a risk, or a relationship with them would be to the detriment then no they should not have contact.

if it is petty squabbling between grown ups, this should not be allowed to interfere with the important relationship between kids and grandparents.

equally if you attempt to say well granny can see the kids but stepgrandaddy cant, all you will do is at worst destroy this relationship, or at best pollute it with so much crap it then impacts on the kids.

if the kids love step grandaddy but you/your partner hate his guts , be the bigger person people and put it aside for their sake

Back