Cannondale M2000 '94ish

minos

Retro Newbie
Thought you guys might be interested in my near-mint 1994 (I think) M2000. I bought this new back in the day. It had XT throughout but I upgraded to '95 or '96 shifters and V brakes. The Indy SL is from around the same vintage but I still have the original aluminium Pepperoni rigid forks.

The saddle is original, as is the stem, front and rear hubs, cranks and rear mech and rear rim. The bars have been upgraded to X-lite Titaniums. I also have a set of Onza titanium pedals (not pictured). The bike is extremely light.

DSC01655.JPG

DSC01657.JPG

DSC01670.JPG

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan :D
That's indeed a nice Dale you have there :cool:
There just one odd thing: IMO there was no M2000 anymore in 94...?. :roll:
The last one was in 1993 and was equiped with M735 XT and not M737.
Also, the color is strange: it looks like the color of a 93 M1000, but reversed.
Or is it a limited edition they've made in 94...? :roll:
Anyway your bike is really nice. If you still have the Pepperoni fork, just put it... It's such a lovely looking fork :D

You might want to put a price on it chap as they lock threads without them, tis site rules, nice and clean by the way and good luck with the sale

ety935rs":3rvsyhen said:
Hi Dan :D
That's indeed a nice Dale you have there :cool:
There just one odd thing: IMO there was no M2000 anymore in 94...?. :roll:
The last one was in 1993 and was equiped with M735 XT and not M737.
Also, the color is strange: it looks like the color of a 93 M1000, but reversed.
Or is it a limited edition they've made in 94...? :roll:
Anyway your bike is really nice. If you still have the Pepperoni fork, just put it... It's such a lovely looking fork :D

Could well be a 1993 model. I remember it being slightly discounted from the crazy list price. The blue appears much brighter in the photos than it actually is - in reality it's very dark metallic blue fading to metallic black.

I swapped the original shifters and canti's over to later V-brakes and sold the originals. The original brakes had Cannondale's little cam thing which made the brakes feel really spongey.

I'll have to dig out the Pepperoni from the loft!

Cheers!

sylus":29zr3o02 said:
You might want to put a price on it chap as they lock threads without them, tis site rules, nice and clean by the way and good luck with the sale

Edited now - thanks

sylus":3e68d7kp said:

It's not in the for sale section dude ;)

Back