Minty 97 LTS & Minty 98 STS

BobCatMax":1mxe4kae said:
I'm gonna say that at 5'10" I think you'll be surprised. I have a "GT 18" LTS and I'm only 5' 8". yes it is a little big, but only a little.

That's good to know :D

Could you do me a favour and measure the seat tube (centre to top)..? It'll give me a much better indication as to the size of the STS.. I'm hoping that your LTS will be hovering around the 20-21" mark..

great frames i am curious how you are going to build them ! As original as possible or your own way?
I have them too, still waiting to be build..the STS I once have build but took it apart again..see pic
goodluck building!

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 269
rledeb1971":vnzmqt42 said:
great frames i am curious how you are going to build them ! As original as possible or your own way?
I have them too, still waiting to be build..the STS I once have build but took it apart again..see pic
goodluck building!

Your STS looks about the same size as mine, judging by the placement of the top linkage.. And it actually doesn't look too big at all!

Build plans for whichever one I build is XTR M95X with either Hope or GT hubs. I originally said I was going to build both with V Brakes, but I'm tempted to put Mono Minis on the STS if I build it.

Forks for the STS will hopefully be Carbon Crosslinks and it'll have the same decals as yours, but we'll see...

Barneyballbags":33ere12p said:
BobCatMax":33ere12p said:
I'm gonna say that at 5'10" I think you'll be surprised. I have a "GT 18" LTS and I'm only 5' 8". yes it is a little big, but only a little.

That's good to know :D

Could you do me a favour and measure the seat tube (centre to top)..? It'll give me a much better indication as to the size of the STS.. I'm hoping that your LTS will be hovering around the 20-21" mark..

No worries dude, I'll try to remember when I get home this evening :)

BobCatMax":3s971wq7 said:
No worries dude, I'll try to remember when I get home this evening :)

Actually, don't worry about it :D

I've just had a look at yours, and it looks very similar to mine in the way the rear linkage and seat tube is, so I'm now pretty certain that my STS is a GT 18" just like rledeb1971's one :)

mikee":3ioyff1m said:
that rear disc mount stay's a bit rare innit ?

I don't know how rare they are - Although, looking at the 1998 GT catalogue, the STS didn't have a disc mount whereas the STS-DH did.

Perhaps it's a STS-DH..?

A quick question.

It looks as if my LTS has bearings on the top and bottom main pivots?

If I were to keep hold of the STS, would it be a relatively straightforward process to swap the existing bushes out for the bearings in the LTS..? I presume that I could just swap the whole back ends over?

Logic.Al":1zbpr0a3 said:
Looking at it. It shouldn't be a problem. When they arrive pop over and we'll have a go :)

Sounds good. I'll take a look at the frames when they turn up and we'll go from there.

I'm just making good use of my work time at the moment and drawing up a build list on Excel ;)

Latest posts

Back