Minty 97 LTS & Minty 98 STS

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, so I've just bought these 2 beauties - they came as a bundle:

The plan is to build one up gradually and sell the other, depending on which one fits the best!

Both frames are absolutely minty. There is one tiny ding on the LTS, but apart from that they're both pretty much perfect and they come with all the spares pictured as well. More importantly, the shocks are both in perfect working order, as are all the pivots :cool:

The STS is 20.5" centre to top, which I presume is a GT 18".
The LTS is 19" centre to top, which I presume is a GT 16".

I'm 5'10", so I'm thinking that the LTS will be a better fit, given that GT frames are quite "lanky" anyway..!

Don't expect either of these to be built for a while - I have to pay the credit card off before I can even think about kitting them out :oops:

Anyway, here's a pic. There will be a few more to follow once the frames land on my doorstep :D

Attachments

• LTSSTS.JPG
    LTSSTS.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 633
Nice.

Shame we havent seen your karma LTS built up by the winner (unless I missed it?)

coomber":38depnig said:
Nice.

Shame we havent seen your karma LTS built up by the winner (unless I missed it?)

No, you haven't missed it - I haven't seen it either since it left me :evil:

I've got my fingers crossed that the STS isn't like a gate.. :oops:

A few more photos taken by the seller:

Attachments

• STSLTS8.jpg
    STSLTS8.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS2.jpg
    STSLTS2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS3.jpg
    STSLTS3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS4.jpg
    STSLTS4.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS5.jpg
    STSLTS5.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS6.jpg
    STSLTS6.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 610
  • STSLTS7.jpg
    STSLTS7.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 610
Thinking again, cant see the STS being anything but too big for you. But might as well build it up and see.

coomber":1rgn590o said:
Thinking again, cant see the STS being anything but too big for you. But might as well build it up and see.

Yes, that's what I think too.. But there's a LOT of seat tube sticking up above the top tube and the C-T measurement is 20.5", so it might be ok because it looks nearer to 17" C-C.. Fingers crossed!

I'm gonna say that at 5'10" I think you'll be surprised. I have a "GT 18" LTS and I'm only 5' 8". yes it is a little big, but only a little.

Latest posts

Back