Damn you Retrobike !!!!!!!!!!

It takes about 5 years or so for it to work through your system.

Then, when you finally have an empty garage, you start looking around for more and the whole shebang starts off again...

seems to be a 10 year cycle for me......need to get rid of stuff i just build "because it's there" and finish one of my decient builds

1 jump bike
1 lightweight xc rigid
1 f/s d/h bouncy bike
1 single speed

yet i only have 1 me!!!

Its one of those things where you spend time, blood, sweat and tears to get your first build done...then you realise how much you actually enjoyed that process and want to start over! Despite having and riding the bike of you dreams!...

...well thats where I am anyway!

Just go into the garage/shed, pick one and finish it. Use bits from the others if you have to. Then and only then pick another and move on.
Then you'll get the a point than you throw any bits you have left on a frame you have left and probably decide this is your fave bike and ride it most.

stewlewis":23vyvd1h said:
Just go into the garage/shed, pick one and finish it. Use bits from the others if you have to. Then and only then pick another and move on.
Then you'll get the a point than you throw any bits you have left on a frame you have left and probably decide this is your fave bike and ride it most.

thats about right......my mrs regularly says to me 'why dont you sell these ones?'......and then points to my favourite bikes that i use the most!.... :D

stewlewis":stf93di2 said:

I tried this - I finished a build from a load of parts I had and was left with a stem, two cantilevers and a back wheel. So then started looking for a frame to make use of those parts, and needed more... and more... and more.... :facepalm:

Never mind "If It's Old School It's In", the forum motto should be "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here."

feetabix":vo58t86g said:
stewlewis":vo58t86g said:

thats about right......my mrs regularly says to me 'why dont you sell these ones?'......and then points to my favourite bikes that i use the most!.... :D

Punch her in the face!! JK! :D

Back