Show us what you did today, thread

Steerer extenders are basically just threaded stems which worked fine for most of us before AHeadsets. I have three in service, never had any bother with them and never needed threadlock but thats your choice.

Got the Mary back from the powdercoaters... Looks like a pretty decent job. Next up, a t-cut, polish and then a bit of rattle-can to finish it off...

DSC_9220.NEF.jpg

Looks good zigzag!
Whats the plan with the rattle can?
Who did the powdercoat for you? I have something I may need doing soon and theres no one up here.

Jamie

Catshions, I like that Jamie!

Thinking about rattle-canning a cream section on the downtube, possibly with a couple of rings too.

I used ESP in Glasgow, pretty good experience. They've got a wee 'showroom' (actually a container with sample parts powdercoated in the colours that they do). Guy I spoke to was very good, made a point of making sure I saw the sample in broad daylight, so I knew exactly what I was getting. Threads, BB and headtube seemed to have been masked very well, even the tiny holes for the rear-hanger look clear! According to a recent thread on Singletrack, they're used by some of the bike shops in Glasgow when they want a frame powdercoated.

Cost me £60 all in, and that included a seatpost (aye, I know, it might not fit any more, but since it never fit properly when it was shimmed, maybe it will now). Took about a week to do, but I wasn't in a rush for it. When I took it in last Tuesday, he reckoned he'd have had it done on the Friday.

2a 30 Stronend St, Glasgow G22 6AR
0141 336 3800

Oh aye, the place looks rough as buggery. Don't let that put you off.

Back