What are your favorite Italian marques?

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
I've owned a few Italian bikes in my time, mostly Olmo's. There are many 100's of Boutique Italian framemakers that didn't produce in high numbers. I will produce a list of these hopefully soon.

As for now, these are my favorites from the 'larger' or more well known companies....How about you?

Gianni Motta
I find the signature bendy seatstays on this make particularly seductive. :oops:

159487185_gianni-motta-personal-2001r-slx-57cm-road-bike-frame-.jpg

Casati: Monza model
Very distinctive 'forked' seatstay caps on the frames. Lots of pantographing. Beautifully finished.

dscf6526.jpg

Tommasini
Many of their late 80's pursuit models were absolutely gorgeous.

1000573u%255B1%255D.jpg

Ciocc

4f36_12.jpg

Olmo
I really liked their 80's models, later ones from the 1990's (which I have owned) tended to be sloppy and had terrible paint and graphics.

7.jpg

Rossin

Rossin_frames.jpg

Legnano
Always had a soft spot for their distinctive lime metallic green paintjobs.

6175551615_8d277605d8_z.jpg

Atala
I like the 80's and 90's steel models, especially the geometry looked spot on.

profile2.jpg

My favorite Italian builders: Cinelli is first (pre 197:cool:, followed by Masi, (has to be a Faliero build) Gloria is third and last Galmozzi. I appreciate many others, De Rosa, Binachi, Pogliaghi but the bikes that really raise my temperature are the first four.

Steven

Cinelli for me as no. 1 because I own one. Others that I like the look of are Atala, Milano and Pegoretti (I've never ridden any of these so I'm going on aesthetics rather than ride quality).

I also like the new Colnago C59 because they are trying to be innovative and push technology. (I'm a closet geek for all things mechanical/technology based - I'm a big fan of Cervelo too). Unfortunately I don't own one of these either as it would be a bike to far for my marriage.

Paul

recently got my hands on a masi and have ridden 200 miles on it ,and am rather impressed with the ride.all i need to do know is find myself a early 90,s de rosa

Attachments

• masi.jpg
    masi.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,445
  • masi r2.jpg
    masi r2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,445
i only ever wanted these italian frames - it's a green thing really!

fondri_L.jpg

fondr2.jpg

bianchi-max-wip-6934_1-1.jpg

bianchifork.jpg

just got myself a nice new VHS video recorder (for £17!!) and am going to watch
the 1988 world championships...one of the best races i've ever seen..when you see
the effort that steve bauer put in to catch the the two leaders, criquelion and fondriest
it's no wonder he lost the plot and put the former into the crash barriers!!

:twisted:

:cool:

Back