Return Of The Eldridge.. It Ain't Boutique & It Ain't Shiny

That is totally the bike I have been searching for! I saw it come up on ebay but just didnt have the cash at the time! Damn! And it looks big enough for a 6ft 3ish oaf like me!

Seroiusly if you ever want to sell it please let me know (I now have some spare cash and can't find anything suitable! Typical!

Lovely bike

Wook

This is the most beautiful pic on retrobike!
DSCN2317.jpg

This should have been the winner of the "This is why"- photo competition.
:cool:

Oh yeh.. and pleased to report the headset is fine and doesn't need replacing. I just put the bearings in the wrong way round :oops: . Good tho' because I love the little 'Marin' thing on the pic above.

Re: 1990 Marin Eldridge - Finito

***Update***

I haven't has much chance to ride my Eldridge this year so after I received a PM yesterday asking about it I thought I'd use it for work today. Its been a bit of a work in progress; nothing essential, but I've made a few subtle changes lately. I've replaced all the skewers with new XT and DX, changed the ugly M550 crank to an M730 and I've replaced the seatpost with a proper sized 29.6mm generic one (previous seatpost was cheap an' nasty and the wrong size). Finding a retro looking 29.6mm post was a pain in the bum so in the end I got this Kalloy one from the USA (less than twenty quid incl. shipping :D)

Its a lovely ride and a lot of fun too.. and to me the true definition of a 'retrobike'. I'd like to cover a few more miles on it to get used to it as planning to ride it at this years Mayhem :cool:

IMG_3624_zps74135e65.jpg

IMG_3616_zps9f943f0c.jpg

Craig :cool:

Re: Return Of The Eldridge.. It Ain't Boutique & It Ain't Sh

What tyres are they?

And where did you get them?

Back