Kona A'ha 1997

Re: Knowing me knowing you - (Kona) A'ha! (1997)

Nice, pic's are defo welcome! I still don't understand why someone would buy a schema they hated but each to their own.

So, mini-update. The wheels are done and after some classic 32/36 hole mistakes :LOL: the LBS came up trumps with a cracking set of hiding-in-the-basement Sun lite rims. I defo need to get a different saddle, the stock Triax is comfortable but just doesn't fit in with the build.

Wienerwald's lovely seat-post arrived late on Friday after some epic snail-mail action between here and Vienna but it was defo worth the wait.

Setting up the Curve's was "fun" - they made that easy didn't they? Anyway, the motorbike ferrel things worked an absolute treat.

So, seat, pedals and chain - that's it - what are your recommendations? I want flat pedals this time and would like something of the era or at least the look of the area. Is white too much? Same for the saddle, I'm thinking white but practically it'll soon go off-white and look tatty. As for the chain - do I have to use a BMX chain or can I use a normal 7 speed?

I'm gonna run 18T on the back oh, and I have some red heat-set spacers coming to replace the temporary black ones.

Here are the token blurry in the kitchen shots ;)

dsc0047gk.jpg

dsc0051oj.jpg

dsc0048dx.jpg

dsc0049pv.jpg

dsc0050zg.jpg

Glad that the post finally arrived, looks really nice so far :D Wouldn't a Brooks saddle suit the build?

Hmmm, these in white perhaps? (Charge bucket - thanks 6foot!)

charge-bucket-saddle-2012-zoom.jpg

Really not a fan of Brooks saddles.

:) Cheers.

Quick question - do I have to get a BMX chain or can I use any "nornmal" sized (excluding 9/10 speed / road) MTB chain?

How about this one :twisted: although it might be *slightly* too much white involved after all :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KMC-410-1-8-C ... 0550067414?

By the way, I don't really know much about single speed but according to the specs of the 2013 Specialized Carve Ned Overend Limited Edition the use a "KMC X-10L, 10-speed w/ hollow outer links and reusable Missing Link" for this single speed version - the chain itself would be the same as the one on my 2x10 Stumpy FSR.

Regards,

Mathias

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheers again. Middleburn red headset and white Charge bucket seat fitted, DMR V12 white flat pedals and silver KMC chain heading my way. Fingers crossed they arrive this weekend for the final push.

Looking forward to seeing the results..what part of the country are you in and are there any cruiser cruises that you know of..

Well I hear Hampstead Heath and Clapham Common are popular stops for cruising. Not entirely sure if the crowd there would appreciate my machine ;-)

Back