Lake District National - 23 March

Hawmaw":3vox4ck0 said:
I'll work on the day pass. Wife's dancing class has its exams that day and my boy has a footy match somewhere but I should be able to sort it. Wife disnae like it tho , she thinks you give up having fun when you have kids and everything you do after that should be for the benefit of the kids !! :(

Kaiser , what route were you planning ? I can meet you somewhere down the M74 if you're planning to go across the way or I could make it down to Gaz town. An early start is fine with me. And depending on the wifes plans I might be able to get the Ford Galaxy which will be fine with the seats taken out the back.

Its cool, I've the got ahead to take the big Citroen which has ample seating and two bike racks on the roof. I'll be travelling Saltcoats to Kilmarnock up the 77 through Glasgow and continuing down the 74. Its not the most direct route on paper but it works better as theres no stopping and such. Ah ken what your saying with the bairns bit, I push my luck a bit too far sometimes but we both realised early on that we need to still be ourselves noo and again otherwise we'd go mad.

Good stuff. I could meet you somewhere just off the M77 in Govan then its just case of straight back onto the motorway. We can sort it out nearer the time

Got two retro options however I remember that neck of the woods being pretty rough and its a long way to go to get a battering....

love your avatar hawmaw, happy days.

On a weather watch for Cumbria as I may bail on this if the forecast gets any worse lads sorry- long way just to freeze my balls off and get wet.......

Gaz , Have you gone soft ??

BBC Weather currently showing dry but cold. It changes by the day

I've spent cash on train and hostel, I'm going regardless of weather. If no cycling to do due to extremes of weather then there's 4 pubs and a brewery in Hawkshead near where I'm staying so i'll be happy regardless :D

Back