opinions on Pace RC40s?

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
As above, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions, good or bad.

Do fork English still service these?

Cheers guys.

I had some RC40's from new back in 2006. They were ace and I'd have another set. Mine are still in use on a pal's bike. Not suited to the larger chap though as even the hard spring has a max weight of around 15st from memory.

Think Tim at fork english will service these for you.

Don't pay too much for them as prices have dropped. I was watching every set that came up a few months back as I need forks for one of my frames and they all went for between £60 to £100 ish.

I LOVE RC40s and 41s.

I've had:

- 2nd generation RC40 XCAMs
- 2nd generation RC41 XCAMs
- 2nd generation RC41 Fighters

I didn't have a single problem with any of them. I think the second generation versions with the updated launch control were more reliable than the first generation from memory. They felt seriously light too, and the carbon lowers just look so :cool: :cool:

I would probably take a set of RC40s over RC41s, simply because there's less to go wrong with them due to the fact that they're coil rather than air forks like the 41s.

The last set I had was the RC40 XCAMs. I bought them secondhand and paid £150. That was almost 3 years ago.

Sounds Positive!

Interesting that you Replied Mr. Ballbags... I'm thinking about them for the Schwinn you sold me.

My_Teenage_Self":3kpfiy91 said:
Sounds Positive!

Interesting that you Replied Mr. Ballbags... I'm thinking about them for the Schwinn you sold me.

Ah I see! Ooh yeah they'd look great on that. I'd be inclined to go for the XCAMs, rather than the Fighters. The Fighters are quite a tall fork so might upset the angles a bit.

Do it! ;)

They were a popular fork when they came out, but from experience they were a pain. When I worked in a shop, we had to send loads back because the travel adjust played up...although inning there is a relatively easy fix it it does play up.

It was a shame really because I really liked he look of them. I guess these were faily early ones because it was in 2005.

Mindmap3":2vo3082x said:
They were a popular fork when they came out, but from experience they were a pain. When I worked in a shop, we had to send loads back because the travel adjust played up...although inning there is a relatively easy fix it it does play up.

It was a shame really because I really liked he look of them. I guess these were faily early ones because it was in 2005.

That sounds like the first generation ones to me - I know they had a problem with the launch control/travel adjust.. They sorted it with the second generation though :)

Fair enough...I just remember dealing with lots of hacked off customers!

It was a shame because they were such a great looking fork and I've always had a soft spot for Pace ever since I fell in love with the RC36 Pro Class.

I too had an RC36 Pro Class that ran forever (still does) and RC40's. Loved it to bits and have gradually acquired a set of them: 40's, Fighters, 41's and even a 39. Note I am a bit of a Clyde, but the coil ones are just so very versatile. What with travel adjust, launch control and adjustable compression and rebound. And my Pushed 5-spot worked very well with a RC41 Fighter with the 20mm Through axle. Sharp, agile and plush.

Down03.jpg

Back