i love feedback!

dav101":og0yay6g said:
i guess it may just be my cynicism as to why i was a bit hasty in suggesting a public outing, but it does seem as if he's turning over a new leaf is it were. not long after i had posted this topic, the guy sent me a message suggesting that he send me the hubs via tracked and signed for postage, upon receipt of the hubs i pay him the balance. can't say fairer than that really. if it all comes to fruition i'll give him the feedback he deserves.

No, your instincts seem spot-on to me. He almost certainly has not turned over a new leaf, the sudden responsible facade is typical behaviour of a crook who doesn't want the spotlight shined on him, he wants to 'discreetly' shut you up which is actually quite sly. If he had any balls he'd join this thread and explain himself!

Agreed though that an 'outing' isn't needed as that's precisely what the feedback is for.

This user dav101 speaks of was formerly of good standing and certainly deserves a second chance. Mistakes were made but everything was squared off and a ban served.

well so far so good, he's posted the hubs via next day and sent me a tracking number. i have checked the number and its legit, seems like he is making an effort to turn over a new leaf.like John has said, he was a good member, but a few cock ups on his and possibly the RMs behalf, mean that his feedback took a big hit in terms of trustworthiness. it's obviously going to take more than one deal going as it should to counteract his other bad feedback and only over time and by providing nothing less than excellent service will people trust him again, but i just hope that this is his first step back on the right path and this one plus all his other transactions go smoothly

dav101":1b3fo7q6 said:
trust is the highest commodity - please leave feedback =)

Hate to say it but feedback basically negates trust, that's the whole point. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest commodity - please leave feedback'?

Actually calling it a commodity suggests that you can buy or sell trust which makes it sound like a capitalist tool, which it isn't, its something borne of mans mutually beneficial relationship with another man. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - please leave feedback'?

Then, leaving feedback suggests a one-way comment being made rather than the two way conversation of self-improvement that it should be. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - please offer feedback and allow response to facilitate inner growth of all participants in the conversation'?

Not sure about the 'please' bit either, sort of sounds needy and begging when the offering of feedback really should be a natural part of the symbiotic transfer of love that occurs when a trade for goods occurs on this site. And 'Feedback' is a bit buzzy and harsh. Maybe your sig should be 'Evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - present the gift of self-awareness, learning, love and respect and allow response to facilitate inner growth of all participants in the conversation'?

Far more catchy I think.

pete_mcc":3q87qdpc said:
dav101":3q87qdpc said:
trust is the highest commodity - please leave feedback =)

Hate to say it but feedback basically negates trust, that's the whole point. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest commodity - please leave feedback'?

Actually calling it a commodity suggests that you can buy or sell trust which makes it sound like a capitalist tool, which it isn't, its something borne of mans mutually beneficial relationship with another man. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - please leave feedback'?

Then, leaving feedback suggests a one-way comment being made rather than the two way conversation of self-improvement that it should be. Maybe your sig should be 'evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - please offer feedback and allow response to facilitate inner growth of all participants in the conversation'?

Not sure about the 'please' bit either, sort of sounds needy and begging when the offering of feedback really should be a natural part of the symbiotic transfer of love that occurs when a trade for goods occurs on this site. And 'Feedback' is a bit buzzy and harsh. Maybe your sig should be 'Evidential and demostrable proof of trustworthiness is the highest intangiable gift bestowed on one whose actions display the perfect and truly aspirational bond between men - present the gift of self-awareness, learning, love and respect and allow response to facilitate inner growth of all participants in the conversation'?

Far more catchy I think.
I'm missing something in the middle, there, could you go through it again?

Plus I fear the equal opportuinities people will be down on him like a tonne (noticed I used the new world, metric, there...) of bricks for the repeated use of "men" - let's all be inclusive, here...

although trust can't be bought, sold, traded or otherwise, i personally feel that it is the highest commodity as for no amount of money can it be purchased and, as many people say, you can't put a price on trust. As for the "please", now that's just good manners imo.

Good to see that "you received a refund on the refund" trail head as someones name was being rubbished obviously. Magic really the seatpost turning up like 24 hours after it was mentioned in this thread... somone should be buying lottery numbers with that kinda luck. :/

Back