trying to post pictures - driving me mad!

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
I have a pretty good new smart phone (Sony Xperia S) from which I do all my retrobike stuff and I can't use it for posting photos. It just says they're invalid even when I've cropped them. But cropping is a pain anyway, especially now I have a higher res camera so need to lose most of the image.

My old phone posted photos that were enormous so I knew posting direct to this site could be tricky so I decided the time had come to join a photo hosting site.

I've spent the last hour trying to join photobucket (wound up on a page telling me about OAuth skins and not letting me do anything more), Flickr (wound up at the 'upload photos' button which did nothing when I clicked it) and Imageshack (didn't work either, can't remember why). Surely this stuff should be easy??!

I've tried the normal phone browser and Google chrome, as well as app versions and mobile site versions. It's not practical for me to use a computer for Retrobike stuff so I'm stumped - I have to do the best I can with my phone.

Any suggestions?

I've always used photobucket app on my iphone, never any problems and very easy to use, although hasn't been optimised for iphone5 yet. 99% of my posts and photos have been done with that combo on this site.

Cheers Rob, that's the site I've seen used most so, inspired by your suggestion, I persevered with it and am now signed up and have uploaded some photos to it. However I just tried to post them on here with no luck. I couldn't see any way on my PB app to resize them so maybe that's the problem...?

Now posted my first pics! Thanks mikee and rob, mikee I was trying to paste in the url. Doh!

yeah, I have an xperia S (not what I would call a good phone, but sure looks nice) and use the photobucket app all the time.

One trick for direct posting I've used in my iPhone is to email my pics to myself. When you do that the mail app asks if you want to change the size in a small medium large kinda way. It's an easy way to bulk resize 4-5 pics simultaneously. I presume there is similar functionality on Android?

I like that idea, I'm using photobucket now and it works well, no resizing, but slightly laborious.

Not a great phone for sure but compared to my two year old HTC it replaced its like something from outer space! ;-)

I waited so long to get mine, and its almost brilliant, but so many little things let it down, my GF has an arc s and it is so muvh better...oh well

With my old sony phone, I had an email address for photobucket and that sent them, find the android one much better, just open the app, select upload, select the picture(s) and they just appear in the albumn.

Back