Refurb on my Colnago Superissimo

Re: Refurb on my Colnago Tecnos

Colnago Super Pui or Superismo?
BigFoz said:
Saarf - Q for you. Following your damning allegation that my Tecnos (Which I owned from new and bought new as a Tecnos!), I've been searching t'Internet, and I'm beginning to think you may be right... :-( So can you identify the frame?

It's Tange, so I assume 1994 as that's the only year they used Tange.
It's round tubed, and has from original, curved forks
Rear triangle appears to be chromed with paint over
Brake cable routes through top tube
Brake cable enters on bottom of TT at front, exits at top at rear.

3sisters033_zpsc0c0bd34.jpg

I'm beginning to think I was "done" and it's a C94... Bought and collected as frame / fork with BB andf HS fitted from a place in Cornwall who used to advertise 'Nagos in Cycling Weekly. We were down on hols, so I pre-ordered and collected it on the way, but can't recall the shop. (Not interested in "compo" or anything, should have paid more attention 18 years ago and have no record of the transaction now...)

I looked at those on t'web Saarf, There are a mix of Superissimos that route brake cable into top tube either underneath or over. Closest match I've found (looks perfect match...) is a Superissimo in exactly the same colours as original, everything seems to match, except for straight forks. However, As I recall, I could have had straight ones for extra and decided they would give a harsh ride. Doh. Having had some for many years now, I can't tell the difference, and the bike will be built up with a set of re-chromed straights as the originals are somewhat rusted from Scottish use.

Rare dry weather and dry roads use from now on...

Well, it's back from Shand's and Russ has done an epic job on the respray. Detailing of logos, and the hand made decals set it off nicely, and the paint is oh so slick!

Colnagorebuild008_zps2effc444.jpg

The top tube dent was retained at my request - reminds me of a 3yo "Helping Daddy build his new bike". He turns 21 next month...

Colnagorebuild005_zpsb59df5c1.jpg

Colnagorebuild004_zpsc03e3f29.jpg

Colnagorebuild003_zpsf784f057.jpg

The Colnago logos stamped everywhere are all picked out in contrast

All I need now is some white ancillaries, a gold chain, new chrome seat bolt, and a little helper...
Colnagorebuild001_zpsdaec7fbd.jpg

Well, the build is progressing. All the components have been cleaned / replaced and we're mid stream.

Front end fitted:
002_zps09c60171.jpg

Delta brakes yum yum... I love these, best brakes I ever had.
004_zpsbe06958c.jpg

Bars, shifters, saddle, cranks etc all fitted, getting there...
20130410-002_zpsae31ab74.jpg

Ok, decision time. All that is now needed is to tape the bars. Do I go for White (Dirt issues...), Blue (Azzuri national colour), or Red. I'm leaning towards red. Thoughts?

Also, I have another Open Pave tyre in the shed to go on the back wheel and match them up!

no blue in the build - so dont go for blue. agree with white, looks ace, but tends to get dirty very easily and then it looks shabby

so red for me - are you going to change the wheelset/tyres ?

otherwise the bike is a real stunner :cool:

Back