i love feedback!

dav101

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i was just about wrap up a deal on a pair of hubs, when the guy asked me to pay via bank transfer, straight away i thought iffy. he was asking £100 on another site, but after i told him i'd picked up a similar condition single Ti glide hub for £25, he immediately dropped the price to £52 straight away. i was a bit wary, but thought he might just be realistic and wanting a sale. so i checked his feedback thread. Lo and behold, it's shocking to say the least. items not turning up, not as described, temporary ban for poor trading and using shill accounts, etc. it goes without saying, i backed out immediately and told him it was because of his feedback.

would just like to say thanks to the guys who left the feedback, as if it wasn't for them i reckon i'd be £52 poorer!
i havn't named the guy as i dont want to upset anyone, mainly the mods :LOL: but if the mods and no one else have a problem with me outing him i have no qualms in doing so! after all, its guys like him that imo are the main reason we need feedback threads

Personally I don't see a need for a public outing because there hasn't been a transaction. Maybe some of the moderators would like to know the name, but I personally don't.
Also, a temporary ban that has expired is like someone doing jail time. Afterwards, his "debt to society" is considered paid and he can make a fresh start.

That being said, this sounds fishy indeed and that's exactly why you should use PayPal "Goods" rather than gift or any other method of transfer (except cash on collection, of course).
Maybe he has straightened up, but maybe the Feedback section did save you a lot of trouble indeed.

Moral of the story : Always check the seller's feedback and beware of anyone who doesn't want you to use PayPal Goods.

i guess it may just be my cynicism as to why i was a bit hasty in suggesting a public outing, but it does seem as if he's turning over a new leaf is it were. not long after i had posted this topic, the guy sent me a message suggesting that he send me the hubs via tracked and signed for postage, upon receipt of the hubs i pay him the balance. can't say fairer than that really. if it all comes to fruition i'll give him the feedback he deserves.

If possible i always check the feedback from people before i buy, not because i dont trust people as such just like most things there a few bad apples. But does that mean that people are checking my feedback too..............ooer :D

Luckily i have been happy with nearly all my purchases :cool:

Glad the feedback system is proving itself useful.

However if a user has served a temp ban I'd hope they'd be able to come good on a deal now. Be interested to know who it is.

@trail_head - That individual has been banned from Retrobike for a long time now.

Dav101, sounds like you've got it spot on IMO. No need to out him, seems like he's trying now.

The feedback system really is a great thing, and you can get a feel for someone very quickly.

Back