GT Xizang 1993

Rahbari":2tdfelma said:
Thanks, guys! :) I will promise to do some nicer pics when the weather is nice again.

I thought about going Controltech on the stem but I prefer to have the parts from one brand. Using the first generation Cattleprod might improve the looks, as this stem is not as "fat". I have to get mine re-sprayed and new decals and then it will hopefully look like this:

medium_Vorbau-SyncrosCattleprod11-8x130mmmitNoodle-03.JPG

(C) Milli/mtb-news

much better :LOL:
if you do not like is, contact me!

Thanks guys! Hopefully I will find time this weekend to try out the Syncros forks.

I was able to order a 2Nut conversion set in black from Aspire Velotecht. Took them about a year to get them back in stock.

Love this, Black and Ti, but would have gone for a Black banded front Mech also, looks out of place in silver and clashes with he Ti frames tones.
Would love a XiZang, but didn't make them smaller than 16 (which is a 19 in other manufacturers sizes)

:D .....i borrowed one of them to go get my hair cut on a warm summer afternoon in about 1991.....the difference between it and the 35lb raleigh i had at the time was blinding, and i was smitten!.....lovely bike, especially in its 'rigid' guise.... :cool:

Wold Ranger":20jxsgjz said:
Love this, Black and Ti, but would have gone for a Black banded front Mech also, looks out of place in silver and clashes with he Ti frames tones.
Would love a XiZang, but didn't make them smaller than 16 (which is a 19 in other manufacturers sizes)

Im only 5.6" and my 16" is ok,how tall are you?

You are more than welcome to have a go on mine at the Mountain mayhem if your there mate.

Lovely bike Rahbari :cool:.....Looks much better in the period correct build mate.

I just installed the Syncros forks and they looks great! :D

I really like the slimness of the forks and the fact that they are parallel to the seat tube. And of course, they match the Syncros cranks/stem/seatpost/bar/bottom bracket.

The picture does not do it justice... :(

The 1st Generation Syncros Cattleprod is getting painted at the moment.

original_Foto.jpg

large_Foto.jpg

I also have a black Syncros seatpost. Shall I give that a go?

Back