Inspiration for a 1996 US made fork needed

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm looking for suggestions for a US made 3" travel fork thats light and mega chunky which dates back to 1996. Something quirky and unusual would fit the bill........Any ideas chaps?

futuristicoldman":1fnn4pie said:
I'm looking for suggestions for a US made 3" travel fork thats light and mega chunky which dates back to 1996. Something quirky and unusual would fit the bill........Any ideas chaps?

Girvin Vector? or Crosslink Carbon? I know the Crosslink was available in 97', maybe in 96'too?

futuristicoldman":g4znxkks said:
They need to be telescopic forks really. Did white bros do a fork back then?

Yep, I'm pretty sure that they did - failing that, they still do modern ones with 80mm travel which don't look much different from their earlier versions. I love WB forks :cool:

Halson Inversion were chunky and unusual. In 95 there was the Manitou EFC with thru-axle, not many of those around.

Its for the Boulder starship that I just got from the splendid mr Grumpy farmer. The Marzocchi dh3's on it flex like a rubber willy compared to the rock solid frame. It is crying out for something burly. The efc's might me an idea.

Not US made but a Marzocchi Z1 would be just about period correct and work better than anything else of that era.

Back