Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ CANCELLED

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 23/03/13

Am definitley coming up for this one now, see you all on Saturday.

Booked the B&B now for Friday night so I to will definitely be there Saturday.
The Fisher is all lubed up, fettled and ready to roll :D

I might not be on my usual bike :eek:
Headset is hot, but fixed that by pinching it of another bike.
But the oil seals on the MAGs legs have gone, dirt build up in one leg, typical I really should check them more often. I can't seem to be bothered to take the forks brakes of them and unbolt them all now and fix them or stick some other legs off another bike on them. And I aint sticking my rigid blades in.
So going to have to be the only ridable bike (re-pinching headsets), good job it works if a tad small.

I'm hoping this will be my first retro ride,sadly, the only bike in rideable condition isn't exactly retro (although I bought the frame 2006,it could've been hanging on the shop wall for longer) :D

As usual, despite planning otherwise, my bike won't be finished until the last minute, so the first time it will be ridden will be most likely Saturday morning as we set off! And again, I haven't ridden a bike, for various reasons, for a while.

Hey ho... glad it's not a race. :)

Doesn't seem like there is many people going this time...?

Weather looks.......errr hang on, lets not go there. :)

I think everyone one has forgotten about riding, with it being winter since last spring.
Even the Mountain Mayhem a usual large turnout given everyone lives down there cannot get them going.

Just means we get a shorter queue at the cafe ;-)

Going to be fun Friday getting there for me if the snow/sleet/rain they predict comes over yorkshire, 175 miles in the snow should be interesting.
Hopefully it'll not be as bad as they make out, followed by the usual Retrobike sunshine that seems to appear on the day :-D

FluffyChicken":3h91u5ua said:
Going to be fun Friday getting there for me if the snow/sleet/rain they predict comes over yorkshire, 175 miles in the snow should be interesting.
Hopefully it'll not be as bad as they make out, followed by the usual Retrobike sunshine that seems to appear on the day :-D
Same here, except from Derbyshire sometime Friday teatime - i just hope it's not as bad as they are saying either :|

All this talk of Manly weather makes me think a Manly breakfast must be in order ... it's at this precise moment I realise that we're meeting at a cafe, so the question of whether there's somewhere to have a Manly breakfast is probably somewhat moot :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyhoo, plan is to rock up with half an hour in hand to start the day right :cool:

elPedro666":kvpfe96v said:
All this talk of Manly weather makes me think a Manly breakfast must be in order ... it's at this precise moment I realise that we're meeting at a cafe, so the question of whether there's somewhere to have a Manly breakfast is probably somewhat moot :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyhoo, plan is to rock up with half an hour in hand to start the day right :cool:
My B&B includes a manly breakfast, I made sure of that after the fluffy pillows, slippers, and dressing gown :oops: :D

Latest posts

Back