2012 Nukeproof Mega

Re: 2012 Nukeproof Mega *work in progress*

Yeah a dropper post is on the wish list, but just not that important at the minute!

As for the forks, in very impressed! They are heavy, but then so am I, so its not like a light fork is gonna help too much!

Fair enough, I used to have some domains, decent forks. I'm in love with my lyriks though, they're incredible.

That does look quality now it's finished. I like it with be down tube decals removed.

I want a dropper post too and was going to get a KS one until they fell out with the UK importer, which means warranty support will be a pain. They do seem like the best value ones out there though which is annoying.

You see, I don't like the lack of decals, infact its probably my next purchase as CRC sell the factory sticker sets!

Thanks for the comments on the bike though, still not had chance to ride it properly yet! Weather was awful today! Fingers crossed for next weekend!

Well i think this thread is helping me narrow down my next bike purchase!! Its a great looking bike! I would love to hear how it rides. I am kind of swinging between a Yeti 575 and one of these now. I need a bike that will cope with pretty much everything as the wife is limiting the number of bikes i own. My Lapierre is great but a little to XC based.

Yeah, it certainly ticks all the boxes on paper, yet to find out how it actually is out on the dirt though.....

The fork certainly needs a new spring, I believe the standard one is red (medium) so Im going to swap it for a black (extra firm) one which, with a little more rebound damping dialed in should give the a nice springy fork under my weight without topping out on the take offs (hopefully).

Really looking forward to getting out on this now!

Well just back from a decent ride on the mega..... WOW! Went for a quick blast around the local blue route and after that I just wanted to keep going, so I did! And had a session in the bike park! This thing is exactly what I wanted! It rides the trails like an XC bike, the longer wheelbase took some getting used to, as its really hard to manual, but once I got it, I loved it!

In the bike park theres not much in the way of big hits, but a few rock gardens & small drops, it seemed to take everything in its stride, and felt very planted in the turns too!

The shock is great, the blue "gate" lever makes a lot of difference in all 3 settings and takes it from nice and floaty, to almost locked for the climbs, the lever is easily accessible from the riding position too!

I've got a shorter stem & wider bar on the way which will make all the difference as I felt like my weight was a little too far forward with the 70mm stem. The only other thing that really needs changing is the tyres, the 2.5 maxxis high rollers are just too big and heavy for trails.

But all in all, its a fantastic bike! Can't wait to get back out on it!

Good stuff, glad it's worked out.

With regards to the tyres, I can recommend Scwable Hans Dampf's. I've just ditched my single ply Maxxis DH tyres for them. They're just under 200g per tyre lighter, still offer a good volume and are grippy in Trailstar format. I run a Trailstar on the front and a Pacestar on the rear which I think in Maxxis terms would be Super Tacky up front 60a on the back. They're cheap from Bike Discount too.

Another bonus is that they're super easy to run tubeless. I've only done a short ride on them, but they feel fantastic.

Ill have a look into them, although I'm a big long term fan of the panaracer fire xc's as I find them very good and very predictable. I may just revert back to them.

Ridden again today, really do love this bike it just takes everything you throw at it! Still to do some decent DH on it, biggest thing I dropped off today was only about 3-4 foot!

Back