Does anyone think that bands

This thread is why it is a good thing that Radio 6 exists. A channel that is genuinely about music and not "personality" DJs.

Have a listen to Xfm too if you can, certainly free from boy band crap and with lots of indie, rock, alternative and more, DAB only outside of London and Manchester though. Radio 6 and to a lesser extent (although it's certainly no Radio 1!) Absolute FM are worth a listen too. Radio 2 gets an occasional listen, but I find they have such a broad spectrum it quite often fails to flick my switch when some 50's crooner comes on!

xfm was so much better before being bought by capital[/hipster] it was intened to be an independant station but the license was bought out and capital broadcasting started the day after the blonde forgot her seatbelt. nowhere near as good as it used to be. mind you i'm nowhere near as young as i was.

Michael Jackson didn't write his own songs, still produced some fantastic work.
Going back over the history of popular music the number of Top 40 songs written by the performers is tiny.

If you don't like JLS or OD then don't listen to them and if that's what your kids like then educate them about better music...

yagamuffin":1zf4b7tn said:
Michael Jackson didn't write his own songs, still produced some fantastic work.

Indeed - I've just been listening to "Earthsong", with that excellent Guy Pratt bassline :cool:

Isaac_AG":fl9zyztj said:
twain":fl9zyztj said:
i miss John Peel :(

Absolutely he was Brill, the only DJ I've ever been able to listen to

Alison

Couldn't agree more - remember that hypnotic voice introducing me to some of the best music ever (IMHO). His record collection must have ben an absolute Aladdin's Cave of talent and brilliance!

Back