The "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" discussion thread

FWIW some people who access the internet at work can't register for ebay and so can't see the value of items that have ended.

ameybrook":2tfjjpzm said:
The MTBR guys have a good way of handling these types of posts:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=335412

That’s because most of them are a bunch of W*nkers.

This forum is much friendlier and I think we should help people. I'd be more than willing to offer advice etc regarding price

If you don't want to help, don't read this thread and carry on as normal.

In my opinion ask a price which you are willing to accept, if nobody bites then the price is too high, you can then lower it accordingly.. if it sells straight away then maybe the price was too low, but that is what you were willing to accept in the first place... basic economics!

toons":1gq2d7st said:
ameybrook":1gq2d7st said:

That’s because most of them are a bunch of W*nkers.

I think that's a bit of a strong and doesn't really fit in with your "this is a friendly place" comment (which I totally agree with). Not really sure how it adds to the discussion either.

I'm not a fan of 'How much is my XYZ worth' threads unless it is for something really rare or unusual. As has been said, ebay is the best place to find out what your 'XYZ' is worth, just look at other listings!

However value is also personal. I paid nearly double for my DBR Axis TT frame than another member here did for his although mine is the far more exclusive and highly desirable 20" model - 18" are so common :LOL:

ededwards":26xdzwa3 said:
toons":26xdzwa3 said:
ameybrook":26xdzwa3 said:

Thats because most of them are a bunch of W*nkers.

I think that's a bit of a strong and doesn't really fit in with your "this is a friendly place" comment (which I totally agree with). Not really sure how it adds to the discussion either.

got to love the irony on that top post :LOL:

Anyhow, as others have mentioned (including myself) for every 1 genuine request they'll be 9 mercenary ones who suddenly think their 97 hardrock with 2 flat tyres is a collectors item. I find these dull and they add nothing to the forum.
The thoughts of myself and the other mods are clear on this. However due to popular demand we've setup this thread where people can ask away. Not sure what the hoo haa and kicking up is about - if you need to ask do it here :?

seems we`ve all gone a bit off-topic,its probably wise if when we`re unsure of a price and list it here,only people with a good idea of price should reply, :? instead of listing reasons why it`s not gonna work.

Actually toons needs to withdraw that comment - not true and there's no need. All for a bit of banter but not abuse.

monsterfatuk":v1fxbpj7 said:
seems we`ve all gone a bit off-topic,its probably wise if when we`re unsure of a price and list it here,only people with a good idea of price should reply, :? instead of listing reasons why it`s not gonna work.

this is off topic now but may as well have everyone's thoughts. At the end of the day nobody can be sure on pricing - it's all so subjective. This is why i see no point in these threads but i digress.

John":2pzzpvmz said:
Actually toons needs to withdraw that comment - not true and there's no need. All for a bit of banter but not abuse.

monsterfatuk":2pzzpvmz said:

this is off topic now but may as well have everyone's thoughts. At the end of the day nobody can be sure on pricing - it's all so subjective. This is why i see no point in these threads but i digress.
John I thought you where a bit stronger than that.

Head over to Mtbr and post 'what’s it worth' and see the w*nkers crawl out of the wood work.

Well can I use this thread for what its supposed to be used for :?: :LOL:

I'm going to sell my Pinarello :? I've tried and tried to justify keeping it but I've finally realised I can't :? I'm never going to use it as I've got too many road bikes and its just sitting their going to waste :shock:

I'd like to try and sell it on here first but for that I need a price ;) I think I got it in about 2001 :?: its built up with 9 speed Dura Ace throughout with the only deviation being the Rolf Sestriere wheelset and a Chris King headset. I've also got the original colour matched Pinarello forks to go with it ;)

Its in new condition as its only been ridden up and down the road in front of my house to check everything was o.k after building it up :shock:

Worth anything to anyone on here :?: or will I have to split it and shove it all on ebay :?

Seat tube 52cm C to C, Top tube 53cm C to C ;)

pinarello1.jpg

pinarello2.jpg

Back