Restoration of '93 YO Eddy Aqua Fade

Just realised that the bloody predictive text on this iPad has changed my previous reference to elastomers to
Something strange ..... WTF is elastomeric :oops:

Previous post corrected with a subtle edit

jimo746":2arano1c said:
Maybe he means the pedals? clear elastomers don't stay clear for very long on the pedals ;)
sorry I had a box of wine last night and thought about tires :mrgreen:

I ride the onzas with clear elastomers long and several thousand km, they are been very reliable.
However I would never go with them for this season, by cooling the elastomers being hardened and could trigger unusual.
I like them special because the lock is very comfortable by Easy-Clicks system.

But what is the alternative? Shimanos are too heavy for me ...maybe the Egg Beater from Crank Bros :?

Retro Spud":3g85vwnl said:
hollister":3g85vwnl said:
Clear elastomers on those onzas are a poor choice for a rider ime
When you ride it Nader you'll soon know what Hollister is on about, trust me
I know the pedals very well ;)

Nader":vpzu9764 said:
jimo746":vpzu9764 said:
Maybe he means the pedals? clear elastomers don't stay clear for very long on the pedals ;)
sorry I had a box of wine last night and thought about tires :mrgreen:

I ride the onzas with clear elastomers long and several thousand km, they are been very reliable.
However I would never go with them for this season, by cooling the elastomers being hardened and could trigger unusual.
I like them special because the lock is very comfortable by Easy-Clicks system.

But what is the alternative? Shimanos are too heavy for me ...maybe the Egg Beater from Crank Bros :?
I spent years on those pedals, I'd still be using all 4 sets of mine if I had cleats(I hoarded rebuild kits, but foolishly not the cleats) Even with blue/black elastomers nothing feels the same

If you prefer the clears(hard to believe), nothing else will come close to the jello like feel and ability to clip out simply by pulling up, except for maybe platforms. But those might grip your shoes too well

hollister":1ni31y87 said:
If you prefer the clears(hard to believe), nothing else will come close to the jello like feel and ability to clip out simply by pulling up, except for maybe platforms. But those might grip your shoes too well
Thanks for your suggestions :D

..by the way I ride the onzas with corratec cleats ...works perfect.

it's finally done :D

(the grips are just a temporary solution)

yoaqfa56.jpg

yoaqfa57.jpg

yoaqfa58.jpg

yoaqfa59.jpg

THIS is my dream bike :D

yoaqfa64.jpg

yoaqfa72.jpg

yoaqfa77.jpg

very Nice, you must be chuffed

btw I notice you build with mostly black components on all your builds
and this one's no different, is it a force of habit ?
Don't get me wrong it looks good !

Regards

Nick

Retro Spud":32ha4dbi said:
very Nice, you must be chuffed

btw I notice you build with mostly black components on all your builds
and this one's no different, is it a force of habit ?
Don't get me wrong it looks good !

Regards

Nick
Black and silver just fit to each bike and are timeless (but I know I miss a bike with colored parts)

Back