The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Re: The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week threa

I'm a big fan of Tioga tyres, so I was pretty chuffed to source a pair of thee on ebay.

tox5_zpscdac9ab9.jpg

tox4_zps52011977.jpg

I had no idea Dawgs were available in a 2.1" width. They wont fit the rear of my hardtail, but are going to look ace on my upcoming project. I also got an amberwall Psycho (no pic) which is inflated on my hardtail. Lovin them!

:evil: I "STOLE" A SEMI SLICK FROM THE TIP!!! "you can't take anything"..who makes these rules?

dyna-ti":ufbbgw6p said:
Once again i cannot for the life of me let a bargain slip by :oops:

This time it was a nice(see how i start to justify it so early on in the explanation ;) ) XT m756 front disc brake. On CRC reduced from about £100 to £34
Not a dual control so quite a bargain i thought.
Seems i got the last or of the last as theyve taken down the advert :D

Did you see why they were cheap? Euro lever set up (front is left) they had a few rears too, I think I paid the same as you for the front and about £40 for the rear.

SP

Needed a ROTM part for one of my road bikes, so I stopped in at the big chain shop by my work on my lunch. Girl working the front was showing someone a bike, so I was checking out the parts cabinet. Low and behold, tucked way in the back corner, I see the unmistakeable hammer and cycle logo........

6de829eb-ca2e-4f5c-9aab-e7476a66a5dd_zpsba62bf9f.jpg

Sold. Funny thing is, it was hiding behind 1 1/8 threaded XT-737 and 1" threaded LX-560 headsets.

Didn't have the part for the road bike, but I left smiling.

Splatter Paint":1et2nsv0 said:
dyna-ti":1et2nsv0 said:
Once again i cannot for the life of me let a bargain slip by :oops:

This time it was a nice(see how i start to justify it so early on in the explanation ;) ) XT m756 front disc brake. On CRC reduced from about £100 to £34
Not a dual control so quite a bargain i thought.
Seems i got the last or of the last as theyve taken down the advert :D

Did you see why they were cheap? Euro lever set up (front is left) they had a few rears too, I think I paid the same as you for the front and about £40 for the rear.

SP

I did ,but not till it had arrived , I went to check and found theyd taken down the ad.Pretty quickly i thought :?
Not a problem though :D im intending of selling the parts on and have already removed the hose and drained the system
This now gives me a brand spanking new XT caliper with left side[new] lever and also a brand spanking new saint caliper again with the left side lever[new]

It gets better
Last night i bought a pair of sram XX shifters for 10spd intending to upgrade to that speed and just replace the cassette and shifters (its 2x10) Today i learn i might have to change both my mechs also
Something about 'exact actuation' :?
I wasnt planning on doing an entire mech rebuild but its looking like i may have to, soI think ill be selling the XO stuff to help fund the XX bits

Next time i dump sram forever and stick to XTR :?

Latest posts

Back